SVE radiators?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with them? I am looking for a new radiator and cleaning up the engine bay so I like the ease and clean look of the kit they offer but never heard anything good/bad/ugly. I like to support our forum sponsors when I can and while I know LMR takes care of its customers I would like to get something I know I will not need to mess with late on.

CWO

Reaction score
I bought one for my 96.... worst designed part ever.>>>EVAR! Had to notch out some pieces, and once I did that the passenger side mounting tab still wouldn't mount. I called LMR and they said it was probably because it wasn't a stock radiator. My stock shroud mounts just fine. It also runs extremely hot in this Texas weather with the a/c on, to the point where I have to turn off the a/c and roll the windows down on the way home from work.... ****abuncha that. I have since swapped my stocker back in and haven't had a problem. I initially bought the SVE unit because my stock fan is making noise once I turn the car off, like the motor/bearings are going out. I suppose I'll have to risk it for a little while longer.

pics:

here you can see where the weld prevents the shroud from fitting up against the radiator and where the tab itself is too short to reach the mounting point.
20130707_110006_zps35a015b2.jpg

here is the upper notch needed on the upper drivers side for the tab on that side to even reach the mounting point
20130707_101944_zpsa8f90e31.jpg

installed, note the notch and the position of the drivers side tab, just to the right of the yellow label at the bottom of the pic (the only thing that lined up)
20130707_105821_zps6eebe7ec.jpg

in closing, complete POS. Save your money. Hell, I thought I was getting a good deal but it was literally a complete waste of money.

I should note that I bought it on their Ebay site as: "scratch and dent". I have no problem with scratch and dent... at all, especially when it comes to parts like this and saving money. It was sold per Seller Notes: “Has been installed, has scratches and one mounting tab is bent.†The bent tab was fine with about 5 seconds of adjustment, its the rest of it that was messed up.

CWO

Reaction score
lol, just noticed you were asking about radiators, not fan/shrouds. LMAO

Well, don't buy their fans... I know that much :)

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah well I was asking about the whole thing actually including the fan shroud and the overflow tank. Anyone have any links to any other kits that make it easy with some kind of nice looking overflow tank? With smoothing out the engine bay, hopefully finishing up my polished intake and all the other cosmetic stuff planned for my motor it would look nice if there was something not rigged up to work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online