SVO side skirts: how bad do you want them?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

in my searching of the interweb for aftermarket fenders for our cars i happened to come across a few different "ads" for SVO style side skirts. While i know that most of us on the forums who are enthusiasts - and just plain know where to find things - know where to purchase the side skirts others might not. For those who want them and might not know where to buy them? This posting is more so for you.

As of now i know of 3 different places where you can buy these skirts.

1.) Team Shinoda

Team Shinoda is based out of Florida and while some may not like the quality, products, or the individual who sells them this is still one of the places to buy them. The SVO skirts were found on the Shinoda mustangs and Ford offered it as an option for some SN95s (i have come across a few original owners that have cobra's with the SVO skirts installed from the dealer)

The skirts are offered for $550.00 and you have the option to choose for the side pipe to be opened or closed (why you would want the skirts and have the opening closed i dont know...kinda defeats the purpose)

i am unsure of the cost for shipping, but most likely assume there to be some wonderful charge for them

http://www.teamshinoda.com/index1.html?c3.html&1

2.) ABC Exclusive

ABC Exclusive offers plenty of aftermarket parts for many model year mustangs and they actually offer the SVO skirts for the foxbodies as well. ABC is located in Texas

ABC utilizes the door sills and screws to go on the car which is a preferable design and not what the original skirts used (so this makes install a bit easier. notice i said A BIT)

The skirts are offered for $500.00 and again, you have the option to have open or closed openings (we covered why we want it open right?)

https://www.abcexclusive.com/scoops.htm#abc806sp

3.) Dallas Mustangs

Dallas Mustangs is the last (known) supplier of the side skirts. Granted the skirts are actually the ABC skirts (check out the sku). If you're unfamiliar with Dallas that is also located in Texas.

Dallas Mustangs offers the skirts for $510.00 with FREE SHIPPING *yay!* so theres possibly some money saved there.

Again you have the option for open or closed exits (do i really have to explain for a 3rd time?)

https://www.dallasmustang.com/1994-...Y17046XgeXQImnNuE13hdJZWnOB96j5kckaAmxH8P8HAQ

The ABC (ABC & DM) skirts are fiberglass and i am not sure if the Team Shinoda ones are fiberglass as well. I would assume they most likely are.

If you want the skirts to say "SVO" on them well then good luck my friends because you may be on the hunt for a authentic pair for some time. When i bought my skirts i lucked out on 2 accounts. One that they were available after a few months of being on the market; and two because the guy i bought them from had them made from real skirts (they say SVO on the inside), but they're carbon fiber so i don't have to worry about paint.

At the end of the day expect to pay around a thousand for the skirts and paint.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought the quality on the shinoda chin spoiler I got was top notch. Not sure if the side are different but they were good to me.

Royal96

Reaction score
Those skirts would look downright odd without the exhaust cut out.

Find me a set of roush skirts with out the exhaust cut out and I'll be happy.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
You mightwant to try the ABC Exclusive pieces if the Shinoda parts are too expensive.
Several years ago I ordered a Shinoda Boss rear spoiler from Team Shinoda. It took almost 4 months to get it, and when it came in, the shipping labels return address said ABC Exclusive.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I honestly think i'd choose the ABC ones even if i could find the SVO's. Just simply because of the ease of installation and the sturdy design. I've read horror stories about the svo's needing double sided tape and falling off etc.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
pic of door sill

245dc2c.jpg

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
mine werent that easy to install. i need to eventually make little L shaped brackets to utilize the holes on the bottom of the frame so it doesnt rattle a whole lot like it does on start up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online