sway bars?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
While I am knee deep into masking for paint I am considering the suspension upgrades I would like to finish up with when its done. I have new rear control arms and shockwave from ridetech and just wondering if while I have the stock sway bar out to swap the control arms if its worth my while to upgrade the sway bar? Is

talltim

Reaction score
Depends on how you drive. For basic driving stock one is fine. For more aggressive the Steeda sway bar rocks! It was fun but for me not worth the money.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it will be on the street the majority of the time but I have always wanted to do an autocross

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm assuming you are only looking for the rears?

I think for mostly street and only some auto-x, the stockers are good enough for a while. If you really want to upgrade them, I'd recommend something adjustable (unless you want to swap out fronts as well to match rears and car handling/balance). The only adjustables I've seen that I would consider are the Steeda one or MM one. I don't know anything about the Eibach ones.

Main take away: if you aren't staying stock, get adjustable ones. I wouldn't replace the stock one with another, different non-adjustable bar (unless you are prepared to have several different bars with you at the track and are willing to swap them out). If all that sounds like a huge PITA, then I'd say you are at a stage where the stockers are sufficient for the time being.

FWIW: I've thrown the car around quite a bit at road-race tracks and auto-x, and I have stock fronts and rears. There was some body roll (that I'm addressing with coilovers currently, not bars).

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
It really depends on the rest of your setup. Body roll is changed by three main things - spring rate, swaybar rate, & roll couple (distance between the CG and the RC). What springs are you running? What style rear end suspension? What style front end setup?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
just picked these up this week. They are a dual adjustable set up.
IMG_20150604_184416349.jpg

I would like to go front and rear to keep it as balanced as I can.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was surprised with an unexpected check today. A nice surprise indeed which has me pondering this again. I will be doing the front and the rear at the same time so is the adjustable type worth it?

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Go with adjustable front and rear. Your swaybar is one of the best/easiest balance tuning tools you have

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Go with adjustable front and rear. Your swaybar is one of the best/easiest balance tuning tools you have

Exactly what I was looking for but I wish it would come from someone with some race experience ya know? :) Where is cobraracer when ya need him huh?:snoopfacepalm: There is probably a wealth of info that he could cut and paste from :)

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Exactly what I was looking for but I wish it would come from someone with some race experience ya know? :) Where is cobraracer when ya need him huh?:snoopfacepalm: There is probably a wealth of info that he could cut and paste from :)

Yeah I don't know too much about racin'

ReplicaR

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd run the car first, see what the balance is, and then you can figure out what sway bars you need. I've had my car for the past 8 years, and tracked it since 2007. I got an adjustable sway bar in the back, and Eibach sway bar in the front only recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online