tailight

black94331

Reaction score
ok so my left tailight is not blinking wtf is up wit it. before you say bulbs, its not them. already been there. light does not blink or come on when i hit the brake. right side does work. so what could it be?!

St33da

Reaction score
if your right tail lamp is working then it is not your fuse. if your 100% sure its not your bulbs then it sounds like either the gound is loose or an open between your headlamp switch and the left tail lamp assemblly.

I would check for voltage at your bulb first (should be a brown 14 gauge wire)
-If you have voltage then check your ground.
-If you dont have voltage, start tracing the wire harness back towards the front of the vehicle until you find a connector ( there are 3 or 4 between the headlamp switch and the actual assembly i think)

Disconnect the connector and check for voltage there.
-If you dont have voltage then reconnect the connector and keep tracing the wire until you find the next conector.
-If you do have voltage then you know the open is between that connector and the tail lamp. start carefully inspecting the wire between the two points until you see the open. Repair the open and check to see if your tail lamp works.

If you have not found an open and are all the way up to the dash, then I would replace your Headlamp Switch due to being shorted to open internally.

In the event that you have good voltage at the bulb, a good ground, and have either replaced your Headlamp Switch or verified that it is operating properly then high resistance could be the cause, but that would be last on my check list.

*NOTE*
Ford did issue a TSB in reference to excessive moisture in connections. The correction is to add new dielectric grease (F8AZ-19G208-AA) during connection repairs. It is also noted, not to use this grease for high voltage applications, such as spark plug wires, coil wires, ect.

Brightersiderock

Reaction score
okay so i tested the lights out today and they light up and everything, but when i put the blinker on, they blink extra fast. what is the reason for this? and it's not the fuse because it works normally with the old lights. any ideas?

topless95

Reaction score
did you check your blinker fluid??

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Actually it could be a flasher

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
if it's blinking fast then you have a bulb out elsewhere on that side. Does the light come on when you press on the brakes/flashers?

kyle94gt

Reaction score
topless95 said:
did you check your blinker fluid??

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Actually it could be a flasher

haha exactly what I was thinking.

idro

Reaction score
On places in the car that are not high stress its highly unlikely you have a loose/broken wire i would check the assembly maybe you bumped it while putting in groceries or something...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online