The 1997 V6 to Terminator swap

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Absolutely love this build. Paint is right on and the mods are perfect. Keep up the good work man!

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind word everyone!

Has anyone used a clutch pedal height adjuster? I orders the MM one from LMR last night. So far that's been my only complaint from driving it is the the pedal position compared to the brake and gas. All of my clutch engagement is in the last 50% of movement so this should do the trick and really help refine the driving experience and comfort.

Also, just for fun from my instagram yesterday.

540541b1667d9fb40e480420182692aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
The car is looking fabulous and that color...

I have the MM clutch pedal adjuster and I really like it. The only issue is that it deactivates the cruise control because the safety switch is no longer contacted. I don't care much because I rarely drive on the freeway but one of these days I mean to ask MM about that.

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
I've been road tuning with the car for a few days. Sending logs and revised tunes back and forth via email. This method worked really well with my ecoboost F150 while I was in Nebraska and Ive put 40k on that without any issues and the driveablity is great. Thats why I figured I'd try the same route with this car. Now that we have a base tune and I was given the go ahead for WOT to log AFR, RPM and MAF counts, its seeming like less of a good idea to do this on the road where I currently live in MD. Nebraska was big and open. Plenty of vacant roads to do a 3rd gear pull on but here with the congestion on the roads even at midnight when I get out of work is just not safe or smart. I emailed a few places to see if I could get in for a dyno tune within the next couple weeks. Standing by on that for now.

The car does feel responsive and the torque is right there. Ive got on it a few times but nothing WOT. I'm playing it safe and getting used to the car. No need to go out there and be surprised by it and smash it up. Still put a big smile on my face though, its going to be a lot of fun!

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
The car is looking fabulous and that color...

I have the MM clutch pedal adjuster and I really like it. The only issue is that it deactivates the cruise control because the safety switch is no longer contacted. I don't care much because I rarely drive on the freeway but one of these days I mean to ask MM about that.

Got mine installed this morning. Feels like driving a new car! And how it should have been straight from Ford

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
I found a tuner and I'm bringing it down on Friday. Hoping for 500/500 at the wheels but Ill be happy with anything close. Driveability is more important to me than a number anyhow. In preparation for the tune I am changing the plugs and air filter tomorrow. I also have to wire up my boost a pump and install the LFP single blade TB I just snagged up for a good price. The tuner is installing the MAF and injectors during the tune so I don't have to worry about that.

Ill post an update Friday with the actual numbers and graph and hopefully a video if Im able to get one!

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Had to cancel my tune. Really bummed. Got everything done today I wanted to in preparation for the dyno. I put it on stands to do a quick look over and noticed a little oil on the trans and back of the oil pan. I cleaned it up and started the car so I could monitor it. My oil level was good so it isnt a huge leak. As soon as I started it I could hear fluid splashing on the floor and then smelt gas. I killed the car and there was a huge puddle of fuel. Turns out the rubber hose blew off the hardline in the fender well. That plastic retainer was gone but I feel like it couldn't have bee missing the whole time I've been driving it. So that's a mystery but I couldn't be happier that it happened in the garage. My tuner is 2 hours away so I'm just not up for the chance of getting stuck that far from home since I don't have a trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Sorry you missed the tune but at least you didn't burn down all of your hard work and money.

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
I spent the weekend replacing the rear main seal. I replaced it before installing the engine but maybe it was a bad seal or I damaged it during install. Not sure of the cause but it leaves a good size puddle on floor after a short drive. I picked up a harbor freight transmission jack and it really made this job easy. Probably 5-6 hours of actual work and 2-3 hours of dicking around.

They make two kinds of seals I found out. An oem style one with the spring band on the inside and one that's listed as an "improved" design. It's a few dollars more so I assumed it was better.. lesson learned. The improved one is what I had put in there. It is a metal framed seal and has no spring band and feels more like plastic than rubber. It only lasted me 500 miles. Hoping for better luck with the new one.

855d1f3154527e0948286ea74a22fa48.jpg
817d2c7f51fca6204135b3af1bc2a5fe.jpg
8baa2384b8ed2c1ea55c53cc3b039ba1.jpg
37028434ec94ea28384e9414725c060b.jpg
6dcaf9b6c10c3c6bfa02d77b9bc18337.jpg

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Such a pain to have to replace. I feel your pain

alex302

Reaction score
that suck!!! at least you don't have long tubes

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Did you rtv around that plate and the corners where the oil pan extends out from under the block? It would be where the inside corner of the plate touches the block and pan.

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Did you rtv around that plate and the corners where the oil pan extends out from under the block? It would be where the inside corner of the plate touches the block and pan.

Yes sir, that was my original suspicion that I had overlooked doing the first time but it ended up being a bad seal

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Yesterday I made a 450mile/8 hour trip in the car up to MA to visit family. It did great and I'm really happy with it. Not a single problem or hiccup. Considering that was almost as far as I've driven the car all together I'd be lying if I wasn't a little nervous but leading up to the trip it hadn't given me a reason to think there were any gremlins lurking in there. Even made it in time to hang out with my dad at the weekly cruise in. 133 cars in a small town on a Wednesday night was awesome to see. I didn't get to park next to him but that's my dads fastback on the end.
294654dff06c2a8c85cde089d83da930.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online

No members online now.