V6 to V8 swap

johnd@882

Reaction score
Hi,
New member to this community. Just asking if any of you guys tried swapping a 95 mustang V6 to a 99 4.6L expedition triton engine?I know the truck intake manifold,intake plenum,throttle body,engine harnes is different.Just asking I'm about to do this swap.

Thanks

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Hi,
New member to this community. Just asking if any of you guys tried swapping a 95 mustang V6 to a 99 4.6L expedition triton engine?I know the truck intake manifold,intake plenum,throttle body,engine harnes is different.Just asking I'm about to do this swap.

Thanks
@white95 did this similar swap before his coyote. He went 4v, but it’s the same info.

Just to be clear, you know you’ll need engine, transmission, accessories, wiring, everything that runs that engine. And your gauges won’t work anymore. May I ask what you’re trying to gain here? And how cheap are you trying to do it?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
@white95 did this similar swap before his coyote. He went 4v, but it’s the same info.

Just to be clear, you know you’ll need engine, transmission, accessories, wiring, everything that runs that engine. And your gauges won’t work anymore. May I ask what you’re trying to gain here? And how cheap are you trying to do it?

You either need to modify a GT harness to run it or switch the engine/ecu harnesses out for Cobra specific stuff. If you mix and match GT & Cobra harnesses you’ll have to pick through it and move pins around accordingly.

100% the reason I just went with Holley EFI

OP
OP
J

johnd@882

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
Yes I'm aware of the things you mentioned.My 2 valve 4.6 is a 99 engine,should I stick on buying PCM,PCM harness,engine harness and all those engine parts from a 99 GT?In fact I already have the auto transmission 4R70W,BBK longtube headers and planning of doing a four cat delete,stage 2 comp cams and tune.I'm really interested in finishing the project.mine you I'm from the Philippines,its really hard to acquire parts.Thats why I need specific parts.

Thanks

d.garza18

Reaction score
I
Thanks guys,
Yes I'm aware of the things you mentioned.My 2 valve 4.6 is a 99 engine,should I stick on buying PCM,PCM harness,engine harness and all those engine parts from a 99 GT?In fact I already have the auto transmission 4R70W,BBK longtube headers and planning of doing a four cat delete,stage 2 comp cams and tune.I'm really interested in finishing the project.mine you I'm from the Philippines,its really hard to acquire parts.Thats why I need specific parts.

Thanks
believe I have an engine harness off a 2002 GT

d.garza18

Reaction score
I’d have to double check that I do but if so I’d sell it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online