"The Harlot" 98 GT build

Grizzy

Reaction score

Figure its time to start a build thread now that im collecting parts for an engine swap.

The Harlot is a Crystal White 98 Mustang GT 5 Speed with 199k miles on her and tan interior. She is currently sitting on all stock suspension and cut coils with real 99 cobra wheels.

Current Plans: I recently bought a Lincoln Mark 8 DOHC engine with 79k miles that is currently in transit to me and i will start collecting parts for the swap. I also have been collecting parts for the suspension i already have Koni struts and shocks, Steeda Lowering springs, steeda adjustable rear upper control arms, steeda tall front ball joints, and new bushings. Still need a few more things and then i will install all the suspension upgrades.

Future Plans: I want to do a full Saleen body kit and full re-spray of the car. Replace the leather interior with either new or maybe some racing seats I'm not really sure yet. I'm not really into drag racing but I would like to eventually turbo the car, my coworker drives a 01 Camaro with a N/A LS6 making 430rwhp so I want to beat that car in a straight line and in the twisties.

OP
OP
G

Grizzy

Reaction score
Thanks, I will more than likely keep it white but the last owner had it painted by Maaco and they did a horrible job. That's my 78 ford F-250 that I finished doing a frame on restoration to last year, I just need to redo the interior on it.

OP
OP
G

Grizzy

Reaction score
My engine has arrived, its a 97 Lincoln Mark VIII 4V, Im going to do some wiring and run the COPs since its so much cleaner looking. Is it possible to keep the IMRC or should i just delete them??? The engine came with everything for it but im running my Stock GT ecu so i dont have a plug for it.

OP
OP
G

Grizzy

Reaction score
So I started the swap a week ago and have made some pretty good progress.

I suspected that I had a Rod knock in my GT engine and everybody I talked to pushed me in other directions. So when I yanked the engine I pulled the oil pan since I needed it for the new engine and found a whole lot of bearing material and I could move the #7 rod side to side quite a bit.

Here's a pic of the engine cleaned up and ready to go in

I'm also doing all my suspension at the same time, Steeda Springs, Koni Shocks, and all prothane bushings

I'm guessing this happened when the previous owner bent the wheel, this car was so slammed there wasn't much suspension travel before the bump stops. I beat it back down flat and cut into the crack to get good penetration for welding. I think when i go to coilovers in the future i will plate the strut towers for strength.

New Mccloud Clutch, the previous owner told me it had a newer clutch in it but when I pulled it apart the clutch was worn almost down to the rivets. Surprisingly it didn't seem to slip and only chattered when I would get it hot in traffic.

New engine in the car, damn it's a tight fit, I went in through the top since I'm doing it in my garage with the trans installed.

Started with both harnesses and made into one

And here's where I ended today

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online