The last ride

Reaction score
Well with the wet week and winter coming I cancelled the insurance on my sn95. I have it in the garage, covered with a sheet , hood open , battery disconnected, window down for ventilation and mouse traps underneath the car. Now I don't have a mouse problem but I always set traps in the garage and last year I got one lone mouse. I leave the hood up so moisture doesn't gather in the engine compartment and cause the aluminum components to produce white oxidation. I don't jack the car onto blocks as I do move it around on a nice dry sunny day through the winter. I put fuel stabilizer in the tank last week and added fuel, drove it for a few days, maybe 50 miles all told so the stabilized fuel is through the system. I put an air freshner under the seat and that's about all I do for winter storage. Interested in hearing what you all do to store your car

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My last ride was 4 years ago, it’s been in pieces since so I can’t really say what I do......... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinkieT

Reaction score
Good idea to leave the windows open. Mine got a little white powdery mold or mildew when it sat for too long. I plan on storing it under a breathable cover, windows down, battery disconnected, sta-bil in the gas. I also plan on charging the battery and firing it up monthly.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Never have to store any car. Great living in AZ! :)

delling3

Reaction score
So, with any gas-powered equipment, I use Sta-Bil Marine formula. It has an additive to prevent the separation of the ethanol from the gasoline. Unless you happen to running racing gas, or other ethanol-free fuel, this is a good plan.

I have a project planned for the winter which will involve a lot of under-hood work, so that battery will be disconnected. Usually, I simply connect a .750A trickle charger to the battery, and leave it connected. That way if we have some decent weather during the winter, I still have the option of taking the car out for a run.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I usually drive it until the last possible moment and the past few years I've accidentally driven right after they put brine on the roads. Then I have to scramble to find a nice day after it rains to take it to the car wash

PinkieT

Reaction score
I would wait longer to put my cars up, but I don't have a paved drive between the front yard and my back toy box. There is a low spot in front of the garage so I have to deal with Ohio weather. Steam roller tires + soaked soil = big pain in the butt. With all the rain lately I have a rice paddy...

4 cruzen

Reaction score
Mine got put away after a drive on Tuesday, the 30th. Same as most, I filled gas tank and put in stabilizer (drove for 1/2 hour), windows, roof and doors cracked open. Also put steel wool up my tail pipes. I put about 6 bars of Irish Spring soap (original only) cut in half around the garage as well as soap and baking soda (for mosture) under the hood, trunk and inside the car. Apparently the mice don't like the smell of the mint ? This year is the first I have tried this and it seems to be working only caught 1 critter instead of many so far..

Tillerman77

Reaction score
I would wait longer to put my cars up, but I don't have a paved drive between the front yard and my back toy box. There is a low spot in front of the garage so I have to deal with Ohio weather. Steam roller tires + soaked soil = big pain in the butt. With all the rain lately I have a rice paddy...
I had wondered why you put it away so early, now I know!
I drive mine regularly when the roads are dry until we have permanent snow. Then I will take it out on above freezing days when the roads are dry. That winds up being once or twice a month during the winter. A battery tender and Amsoil fuel stabilizer with ethanol free premium during the winter months. As you might expect in MN, they brine the roads. I have checked multiple times and the dried brine or white haze does not rub off on my gloves when I have wiped it on the road surface. I figure if it is that well glued on to the road when dry, I can take the car out and exercise it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online