Thinking about a supercharger

dutman98

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting the mph mongoose kit(vortech). I wanted to do the PI swap but I can do that later. I would like to know what numbers i would run with the non pi setup? Im basically stock right now with the exception of plenum and throttle body, msd wires and coilpacks, and muffler cut outs. Another thing thats holding me back is my mileage(100,000) The car still seems strong though and has been well taken care of. I figure if I blow it up I will justdo a whole PI motor swap so I can run more boost laterdown the road. Any comments or suggestions?

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
I want a supercharger so bad. I should be getting a kick ass tax return so i figured i would blow it on a super. I can always :D come up with a grand or so but 4 grand is pretty hard to save. But Thats just my crazy thinking

S

scarface

you could probably expect around 300 or so with your mods at moderate boost.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Yeah makes sence and if somthing does go wrong down the road then its time for PI upgrade ;)

Id get a KB!

KB for sure, it will make that little 281 feel like a 408 8)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
scarface said:
you could probably expect around 300 or so with your mods at moderate boost.

yes 300-330 range on the NPI stuff max.

swap the heads later, and you'll gain 70 HP or so, at the same boost.

The Mongoose kits are great! good choice.
Intercooled or no?

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
thanks for the replys guys :) I was thinking of going non intercooled for now then add later. I just cant make a decision on this mongoose or a kb? I would have to save some more for a kb. Im also thinking about gettin a new daily driver(replace the shitty lummina) I got money burning a hole in my pocket.........so many decisions. :noes:

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
id run a centrifical supercharger not a root mount, personally thats just me. the whine of a KB is the sickest but still after you get it spinning but so fast, it doesnt go any higher when the centrificals they keep spinning faster and please intercool it. turbos are also something to look into. but personally id get the PI swap before you do the supercharger. think of it this way, if your going to do it, do it right the first time

Daywalker

Reaction score
My stage II P1SC will be here monday. Let me know if you ever bought a S/C, cause I'm gonna be sellin it as soon as it get here..... :rollinglaugh:

Thomas_W

Reaction score
If you decide to go KB just remember when you go to PI heads you have to change the supercharger intake manifold also, which means more money.

w/ any centrif. you'll probly see about 320rwhp.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Consider this.
you can get as much power from ported PI's and cams as you can from a blower on the stock NPI heads.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Consider this.
you can get as much power from ported PI's and cams as you can from a blower on the stock NPI heads.
but you dont get the cool whistle/whine. ;D

Thomas_W

Reaction score
If it was my car. i'd do this.

Vortech mongoose kit.
PI cams (or some MPH blower cams if $$$ allows)
livernois PI intake swap kit w/ their adapter plates.

almost as much power as a full PI motor w/ a blower w/o the heads.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
superchargers!!! I WANT ONE! anyway man i'd do the p.i. swap first if you plan on making some major power down the road. but the route you take for power is totally up to you.

S

scarface

you can make decent power with the non Pi heads and a blower.... with intake and cams I made 385rwhp

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Dalamar said:
Consider this.
but you dont get the cool whistle/whine. ;D

That's true :-[

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online