Thinking about selling the stang

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
I thinking about selling the stang towards the end of the summer season :-\

Reason for this is: I'm selling my house cause were looking to build a new pad. I've got some CC debt (unfortunatly from the stang) and I need to get it paid off to help w/ a construction loan. Plus i won't have a garage to keep all my cars in for the 1yr or so while i'm building.

I REALLY REALLY hate to even think about doing this, but i've owned the car since new in 98, so maybe it's time to move on? I still have my 65 coupe as well.

I haven't decided what to do yet, it kinda depends on if i sell my house this year.

My question is what is a fair price to ask for the 98? I'm thinking $10,000

Here's the info on the car:

98 GT 5spd 30,500 miles
New 03 Mach 1 motor w/ 1600 miles SCT tuned by MD
BBK LT's
BBK O/R H
Magnapack C/B
FMS 4.10's
PHP spacer
CPR Fuel rails
Rebuilt T-45
Walbro 255 pump
Pro 5.0 shifter
MM subframes
Eibach Pro Kit
18x9 Chrome FR500's
BFG KDW 2's
03 Cobra seats
JLT RAI

PICS:
HPIM0518.jpg

Justin-2-bright-shrunk.jpg

HPIM0522.jpg

HPIM0520.jpg

HPIM0525.jpg

95Boss

Reaction score
It would be a shame to part with that car. If I was in the market, I would buy it for sure. Ten sounds too cheap with everything you've done. Gorgeous, gorgeous car.

OP
OP
Y

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
I really hate to part w/ it, and i'm not sure waht to ask for it if i do decide to sell it?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would not sell it but sometimes you have to do things you don't want...i would ask for more then 10k because of the nice interior work and a 4V swap. I would try to get closer to 14-15k... atleast start high.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Where do you live? Cause if your close to Pittsburgh, PA, I'd def sell my car and buy yours in a heartbeat

cobra4978

Reaction score
Dang that a nice car bro i'm with drop top i think id try to get closer to 14 or 15 if you have to sell it it's worth more than 10

OP
OP
Y

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
Fets said:
Where do you live? Cause if your close to Pittsburgh, PA, I'd def sell my car and buy yours in a heartbeat

I'm just outside Columbus OH..........

I talked it ouver w/ my wife and she said i should wait to see what our house sells for and go from there. Lile i said it really hurts me to think about selling it, but if i do i'd be outta CC debt :dunno:

97blackgt

Reaction score
awesome car bro

like everyone else i think 10000 wouldnt be a problem, and hyou could prolly get more easily

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
that thing is super hott man good luck and i hope you keep it lol

Maniak87

Reaction score
if i were you i would try and sell it to friend of yours who you can trust. this way, you can buy it back when u are out of your debt. i think it would really hurt to sell that car....

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
THAT CAR IS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. (sry about caps)

I mean you got a nice body style with a 4v mach engine and cobra seats. Whatever you do.. make sure itll make you happy.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Good luck selling that ugly piece of crap car :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

j/k :hammer: :hammer: I dont think I could part with a stang that looks that damn good :-\ :-\ :-\ and on top of that you have a 4 valve swap in that GT ^-^ ^-^. HARD thing your going to have to do here...............and I would start the price around 14 or so and work from there

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yellow4.6 said:
Fets said:

I'm just outside Columbus OH..........

I talked it ouver w/ my wife and she said i should wait to see what our house sells for and go from there. Lile i said it really hurts me to think about selling it, but if i do i'd be outta CC debt :dunno:

Well I hope you dont have to sell it, you put alot of work into it, and that thing is beautiful. My fav SN I think. ever! But if unfortenatly you have to, and none of your friends will buy it, I will, and take very good care of it :)

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have had and am going through that same delema, but I will not sell. If you sell the car you will most likely never get another one. It is a very tough decision to make.

GaryG

Reaction score
im not really much of a fan on yellow mustangs, but hot damn i love ur car, if i had $10k, id buy it in a heartbeat

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
my dad is looking for a 96-98 cobra in black, white, or yellow... and around 10-12k i think.. im not even kidding you, let me talk to my dad and see if he likes your car. he is willing to drive I believe and it would go to a good home. i know you are going to wait but you could keep us in mind and when you are ready to sell, give us a call...

that is one of the most beautiful stangs i have seen... ill call my dad up in a bit and post back on here.. my dad will love that car. good luck in your decision man, i know its a tuff one. i couldn't part with mine i dont think but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. let me know and ill let you know too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online