Thinking about selling the stang

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Yellow4.6, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Yellow4.6

Yellow4.6 New Member

I thinking about selling the stang towards the end of the summer season :-\

Reason for this is: I'm selling my house cause were looking to build a new pad. I've got some CC debt (unfortunatly from the stang) and I need to get it paid off to help w/ a construction loan. Plus i won't have a garage to keep all my cars in for the 1yr or so while i'm building.

I REALLY REALLY hate to even think about doing this, but i've owned the car since new in 98, so maybe it's time to move on? I still have my 65 coupe as well.

I haven't decided what to do yet, it kinda depends on if i sell my house this year.

My question is what is a fair price to ask for the 98? I'm thinking $10,000

Here's the info on the car:

98 GT 5spd 30,500 miles
    New 03 Mach 1 motor w/ 1600 miles SCT tuned by MD
    BBK LT's
    BBK O/R H
    Magnapack C/B
    FMS 4.10's
    PHP spacer
    CPR Fuel rails
    Rebuilt T-45
    Walbro 255 pump
    Pro 5.0 shifter
    MM subframes
    Eibach Pro Kit
    18x9 Chrome FR500's
    BFG KDW 2's
    03 Cobra seats
    JLT RAI

PICS:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 95Boss

95Boss Active Member

It would be a shame to part with that car. If I was in the market, I would buy it for sure. Ten sounds too cheap with everything you've done. Gorgeous, gorgeous car.

3. Yellow4.6

Yellow4.6 New Member

I really hate to part w/ it, and i'm not sure waht to ask for it if i do decide to sell it?

4. SonicStang

SonicStang Active Member

If I had the 10k I would buy it in a heartbeat! Sweeet Stang!

5. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

I would not sell it but sometimes you have to do things you don't want...i would ask for more then 10k because of the nice interior work and a 4V swap. I would try to get closer to 14-15k... atleast start high.

6. Fets

Fets Legend

Where do you live? Cause if your close to Pittsburgh, PA, I'd def sell my car and buy yours in a heartbeat

7. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

you should sell the seats seperate....and for very cheap....and to me. ;)

8. cobra4978

cobra4978 Well-Known Member

Dang that a nice car bro i'm with drop top i think id try to get closer to 14 or 15 if you have to sell it it's worth more than 10

9. Yellow4.6

Yellow4.6 New Member

I'm just outside Columbus OH..........

I talked it ouver w/ my wife and she said i should wait to see what our house sells for and go from there. Lile i said it really hurts me to think about selling it, but if i do i'd be outta CC debt :dunno:

10. 97blackgt

97blackgt Well-Known Member

awesome car bro

like everyone else i think 10000 wouldnt be a problem, and hyou could prolly get more easily

11. SvtBlack95

SvtBlack95 Well-Known Member

that thing is super hott man good luck and i hope you keep it lol

12. Maniak87

Maniak87 Member

if i were you i would try and sell it to friend of yours who you can trust. this way, you can buy it back when u are out of your debt. i think it would really hurt to sell that car....

13. Twista

Twista Legend

THAT CAR IS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. (sry about caps)

I mean you got a nice body style with a 4v mach engine and cobra seats. Whatever you do.. make sure itll make you happy.

14. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

Good luck selling that ugly piece of crap car :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

j/k :hammer: :hammer: I dont think I could part with a stang that looks that damn good :-\ :-\ :-\ and on top of that you have a 4 valve swap in that GT ^-^ ^-^. HARD thing your going to have to do here...............and I would start the price around 14 or so and work from there

15. Fets

Fets Legend

Well I hope you dont have to sell it, you put alot of work into it, and that thing is beautiful. My fav SN I think. ever! But if unfortenatly you have to, and none of your friends will buy it, I will, and take very good care of it :)

16. uncltrvlnmatt

uncltrvlnmatt Legend

I have had and am going through that same delema, but I will not sell. If you sell the car you will most likely never get another one. It is a very tough decision to make.

17. GaryG

GaryG Well-Known Member

im not really much of a fan on yellow mustangs, but hot damn i love ur car, if i had $10k, id buy it in a heartbeat

18. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

my dad is looking for a 96-98 cobra in black, white, or yellow... and around 10-12k i think.. im not even kidding you, let me talk to my dad and see if he likes your car. he is willing to drive I believe and it would go to a good home. i know you are going to wait but you could keep us in mind and when you are ready to sell, give us a call...

that is one of the most beautiful stangs i have seen... ill call my dad up in a bit and post back on here.. my dad will love that car. good luck in your decision man, i know its a tuff one. i couldn't part with mine i dont think but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. let me know and ill let you know too.