Thinking of purchasing an '01 SVT...

nemoxii

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had a '97 GT for a while now and I'm just sick of being the underdog...all the time. So I've found an '01 Cobra with 45k mi on it. I'm thinking about picking it up, but what do you all think of the '01s? I ended up with the '97 because I didn't research it enough before I bought it, so I'm not making that mistake twice. So whats the good, that bad, and the ugly on these cars? Any input will be apprieciated. Thanks a ton, guys.

-Adam

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
All depends what you want in a car man, '01 Cobras aren't exactly fast in stock trim. They are better than the '99s though in many ways.

S

scarface

the 99/01 are very comparable to a Mach1... I am very happy with mine, and it has PLENTY of power.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
how much do they want for it? the 99/01's have really come down in price. i was suprised what i seen some of em going for recently. but if it is high for 99/01 market then keep looking and u might find a mach 1 for close to the same price

before i bought my 95 i found one that had been in a wreck at one time. it wasnt supposed to have been bad (they had pics of it before) and they fixed it properly. it was red/black two tone and they didnt want much for it. i still kind of think i should have went and looked into it more but i listened to other people saying to stay away from it because it was in an accident.

OP
OP
N

nemoxii

Reaction score
Well, they wanted 16,399 for it, but I know I could have talked them down(it was at a dealership). Anyway, the thing was modified to hell, and I want to buy an all stock, or atleast mostly stock, car, not one thats had the piss run out of it. So, I'm gonna do the 'mature' thing for once and be patient and get the Snake I really want...an '03 thats been untouched w/low miles. Thanks for the input guys.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
if you look hard enough you can pick up a mach 1 for close to that price. good luck in the search

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
nemoxii said:
Well, they wanted 16,399 for it, but I know I could have talked them down(it was at a dealership). Anyway, the thing was modified to hell, and I want to buy an all stock, or atleast mostly stock, car, not one thats had the piss run out of it. So, I'm gonna do the 'mature' thing for once and be patient and get the Snake I really want...an '03 thats been untouched w/low miles. Thanks for the input guys.

Great choice on waiting for the Termy :thumb:

S

scarface

yeah, wow...thats wayyy too much. I wouldnt look at anything over 14k for a 99/01

Naptown_Stang

Reaction score
If you want a n/a cobra get a mystic 98. There cheaper and you can build it with the money you save. :headbang: Or save up for a big boy toy...the terminator. :thumbsup:

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Naptown_Stang said:
If you want a n/a cobra get a mystic 98. There cheaper and you can build it with the money you save. :headbang: Or save up for a big boy toy...the terminator. :thumbsup:

Way to bring up a 2 year old thread. And Mystics are 96s and Mystics in good shape go for about the same as 99/01 Cobras.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online