Thinking of stepping up to a cobra...

spank 141

Reaction score
The top one I wouldn't pay more than 4k and bottom one I would only give around three for. Thats without seeing them but paint looks bad and I would wonder how well eveything else was taken care of with how dirtty they are. I don't know your budget but if your patient you can find a better deal. I just bought a 98 cobra with mods in great shape with 03 cobra interior for 4200.

OP
OP
S

stang415

Reaction score
Nice find on your part. I dont want to go over 5 grand, by the way. Ive been on the search for a mustang for about 3 months and i havent seen much in terms of cobras under 5. Ive seen plenty from about 8 grand up. I am in the sf bay area by the way

OP
OP
S

stang415

Reaction score
Update.

I test drove car #2, and goddamn laser red looks bad when it fades. Other than the paint, the car felt pretty strong. Idled smooth. The clutch was firm, and the tranny didnt grind 2nd on a quick shift (like my gt does). The car ran a little hot, reaching the M and A, but never passed that, idk if thats normal for a cobra or not. Also the voltmeter in the instrument cluster jumped around weird.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Both seem like a decent price considering what people are asking for them in ohio (8-10 with that mileage) but looks like the sf sun beats up the paint a little. Good luck

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Those seem like decent and reasonable prices, with better paint and same mileage those are 7000 + cars here.

spank 141

Reaction score
A 96 cobra that hasn't had the ac condensor changed will run a little hot. There was a tsb to change those out because they prevented the proper amount of air from getting to radiator. Its not a huge deal but something to think about. What suspension does it have it looks lowered? Dont give up deals are out there dont just buy it to have a cobra buy the right one for you. Check out reno not a long trip for you and I have found cheap cars there.

OP
OP
S

stang415

Reaction score
The 1st car is also listed on reno cl, i checked. im thinking of low balling the 2nd one, about 2500. he says it needs to be gone by the 9th. the other car has been on cl for about a month, but its in sacramento, so i have to find time to go there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online