This is why you don't pay $16 for a full wash, dry and tire shine

sn95jones

Reaction score
Went to hand wash my car today and when I went to dry it off and clean the wheels and as lots of previous grease from the old tire shine last few times I went, last time I'll ever let them touch my car.
puqe9ema.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S2

chris91

Reaction score
Your tire is scuffed?? That'll happen when it rubs against the guide bars that run through the car wash. Did they pull it through or did you?

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Your tire is scuffed?? That'll happen when it rubs against the guide bars that run through the car wash. Did they pull it through or did you?

No that's all grease from the previous times they used their tire shine on my car

Sent from my Galaxy S2

joekd

Reaction score
for $16 did you really think they used high quality tire shine?

chris91

Reaction score
I was like wtf is wrong? Oh I see the tire looks a lil scuffed!! WRONG.. LOL

I never let them put tire shine on. That's something I do because 9 outta 10 times I bet they cake it on and it slings all over the car.

lutter94

Reaction score
I see the reflection, but I still fail to see the problem. You do realize this is a car driven on roads.....outside.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i dont pay others to wash my car BUT i would agree with chris - i think id just put it on myself.....im careful to use a moderate amount when i do it and i wait a bit before driving so my car isnt covered

chris91

Reaction score
Shit in this cold ass weather I run mine through the touchless car wash all the time.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
in the winter sometimes ill use the self service one at the car wash....other than that i just wash mine at work in a nice 65* shop :D

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I quit going to full sevice washes long time ago. If I go too one its one of those stalls with the sprayer and I bring my own buckets and soap. My fav has the blow dryer as well it gets all the water/soap out of the trunk/taillight area that always drips down the back bumper.

Remember the first time ya got yer car all nice and shiney? Polished it up stepped back and admired it, maybe took some pics? Then remember the next time you took it for a drive, got out and walked across the back and went WHAT THE FAWK HAPPEND?!?!?!?!

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Lol, that happens with almost any tire shine. Just gotta wipe it off after every couple of washes/ tire shines. I'd be more worried about the damage they did to your paint than a little grease on the tires.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
This will happen with most tire shines if the tire shine is not cleaned off properly by hand. I usually spray a degreaser on the tires prior to washing to get all the grime off and scrub pretty good with a brush. The only time I had build up even remotely close to that is when I used to use that gel tire shine stuff. Regardless that build up isn't the car washes fault.

Sent from Space

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
I quit going to full sevice washes long time ago. If I go too one its one of those stalls with the sprayer and I bring my own buckets and soap. My fav has the blow dryer as well it gets all the water/soap out of the trunk/taillight area that always drips down the back bumper.

Remember the first time ya got yer car all nice and shiney? Polished it up stepped back and admired it, maybe took some pics? Then remember the next time you took it for a drive, got out and walked across the back and went WHAT THE FAWK HAPPEND?!?!?!?!

Lol dude I get pissed every time it does that!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
My tires get greasy too, nothing to do with the car washer's fault, it's a normal property of tire shine, some are worse than others. I use Black Magic and never have any issues really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online