Those of you with IMRC deletes...

switch96

Reaction score
Did you have to get a tune? I read on another board that it was necessary.

Did you buy a kit or do it yourself with some JB Weld?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
JB weld and a tune. you will need the tune. my car ran terrible without it.

oemracing

Reaction score
yes, tune, tune, tune. mandatory not a ahhh couple weeks I will get it done thing. its like right there.

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
Fair enough, what are my options as far as handhelds? Not a fan of paying $800 for a dyno tune haha.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Made my own, you can ride around with out the car being tuned but will have crappy power. I drove my car on the side for a few months till I got retuned. nothing bad will happen just will not have any power.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
There is no reason to NOT get a tune, get the power you did the work for, also as far as Hand helds, get a Dyno tune and get an SCT Xcal 3

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
I happen to have an SCT SF3 but I can't find any place to get a tune for it (it's for my Dad's Shelby).

96_SVT_Cobra

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
switch96 said:
I happen to have an SCT SF3 but I can't find any place to get a tune for it (it's for my Dad's Shelby).

why dont you just get your own tuner and have it tuned. in the long run, if you are going to be doing more power mods you will be better off having your own sct xcal3. where in ohio are you, i used to live in Ravenna, and Akron Horsepower is fairly close to where i was and they have a dyno, but it depends on where your at up there. also this thread reminds me that i need to do that and maybe a short runner intake. lol.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
switch96 said:
Well, if your dad still has his shelby and he has not returned it to stock, it's locked to his car. Contrary to popular belief, you can not tune multiple cars with one handheld. Only one car at a time, then return to stock then tune another. And you can only do that 5 times. Then the tuner is junk and can't tune anything without being returned to SCT We have a special at my shop, 525 dyno tuned with an Xcal3. You are in ohio so I know you are within driving distance as we have people come as far away as tennessee and Illinois, NJ, etc. My shop has done a lot of tuning on modulars and a lot of 4V's like yours. What happens when you remove them, is the computer thinks they are staying closed and doesn't utilize the extra timing in the imrc open table. So you have like 20 degrees total timing, and the car runs like poop. Just an option for you, I like my tuning to be one set price so no surprises.

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured that out from SCT. I'd just have to set his back to stock, tune my car, and then put his custome tune back in. I think I'm too cheap to spend the $400 :grin: Especially when there's a KB on the way!

NXcoupe

Reaction score
You would have to return yours to stock before you could program your dad's car again. Or maybe I missed your point.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do not mess with the imrc's until you are doing the kb install. then do your tune!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
NXCoupe is right, you can't have two custom tunes on two seperate cars at the same time.

Say Car A has custom tune. In order to put a custom tune on Car B, Car A must be returned to stock. If you want to put the custom tune back on Car A, Car B must be returned to stock. And I would get a tune right after. I had no power and my car would bog pretty bad when I gave it any gas.

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
I spoke to an SCT rep who explained the process to me. Basically I would revert the Shelby back to stock, then upload the custom tune to my Cobra. Then I would go back to the Shelby and re-upload his custom tune so that his stock tune would be on the device. This being the case, I wouldn't be able to take the Cobra back to stock tune, but I wouldn't want to anyways.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
You misunderstood, but you will find out soon enough anyways. You will get an error, it only holds one download from a pcm at a time, and it is serial numbered to the car. You'll understand soon enough.

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
Well, fair enough. The rep said it would work.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
NXCoupe is still right. You can only have one performance tune assigned to one car. 2 cars cannot be tuned with performance tunes at once.

oemracing

Reaction score
sniper. love it. same price as a sct x3 if not less. 369 shipped off ebay.

2002BLGT

Reaction score
oemracing said:
sniper. love it. same price as a sct x3 if not less. 369 shipped off ebay.
I am selling the Sniper Special Forces kits for 359 shipped for forum members here and that includes free custom tunes thru email , and the newest version of their software can do IMRC delete tunes right out of the box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online