ticking noise,need a little help

venom97

Reaction score
well i got the motor in my 95,runs good but there is a ticking noise coming from the upper intake. the motors sat for 10 months or so . i was thinking it could be a lifter, but now that ive let it run im thinking it could be rockers or something else. heres a vid, let me know what you think. its definitely not anything in the lower end.

http://media.putfile.com/HPIM1115

OP
OP
venom97

venom97

Reaction score
i drove it yesterday, and it was kind of intermittent whan driving. i dont know seems better than what it was. guess ill drive it again and see what happens.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hurmm I hate driving my car with noises. I had a similar sound and I was worried turned out just to be the bolt holding on my dipstick on the header came loose and it was rattling. But I got the vid to work and it deff sounds like its comming from the internals. Get a rod of metal, hollow or what ever you have laying around and place it on your valve covers, put your ear to the end and listen, works AWESOME for locating where the noise is comming from.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
hurmm I hate driving my car with noises. I had a similar sound and I was worried turned out just to be the bolt holding on my dipstick on the header came loose and it was rattling. But I got the vid to work and it deff sounds like its comming from the internals. Get a rod of metal, hollow or what ever you have laying around and place it on your valve covers, put your ear to the end and listen, works AWESOME for locating where the noise is comming from.

I use the hose from my shop vac to isolate noises. Mine makes all kinds of noise. But, I blow it up so often that it doesn't really matter. :banana:

ylw95gts

Reaction score
venom97 said:
i drove it yesterday, and it was kind of intermittent whan driving. i dont know seems better than what it was. guess ill drive it again and see what happens.

Quite a bit off topic but can I say your avatar is the best :thumb:. Okay back on topic..............

94gtstang50

Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
venom97 said:

Quite a bit off topic but can I say your avatar is the best :thumb:. Okay back on topic..............

It makes it hard for one to stay focused.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Yeah . . I completely forgot what this thread was about . . .

davidnc

Reaction score
I know it's time to change my oil when the ticking starts, which is about every 3Kmiles.

Denunzio36

Reaction score
These avatars are amazing...nice work guys....honest to god..where are these broads from?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online