Tire dressing that doesn't sling and make a mess?

9646gt

Reaction score
Is there such a thing? It seems to either bee super greasy or sling like a mother even when left over night. there must be a trick?! I can use some 303 to get a natural look but I am a whore for the wet look ;)

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like to spray my tires down, let them sit as I do other things and then go back and wipe off any excess to keep it from slinging. Seems to work pretty well for me.

02GT

Reaction score
Look into CarPro PERL, you dilute it to your preference and you can use it for interior dressing, trim and tire dressing, pretty much anything you can dress.

I prefer the 1:1 dilution for my tires and about three coats, this lasts me about 3-4 weeks depending on rain and it has a deep black look.

Also look for Wolfgang Tire and Trim Sealant as another long term option that looks great.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
never had that problem myself. How much are you putting on? Are you just twisting the spray-top off and pouring it down the tire?

mavisky

Reaction score
Always wipe it on and then later before driving wipe the excess back off

Misspelled while on the crapper via my Droid Razr

matt99

Reaction score
It should be the first thing you put on before you dry your car so it can let sit and dry or the access can be wiped off with the chamoise when you dry your car

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
like already said. wipe on first, then after it sits for a while...wipe excess off. but it does splatter on the sides, especially with wider tires.

2v_takeover

Reaction score
In addition to Wolf's products, Adams Super VRT is also a very formidable opponent. A little more expensive, but lasts long, repels water and looks great.[

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
^where do you get that stuff? always like tryin new shit.

94_red cobra

Reaction score
p84747z.jpg

I have had good luck with this stuff not slinging. The last bottle of this lasted over 5 years! I put it on with a good tire sponge and wipe off the excess.

96GT02

Reaction score
Croftgate tire shine works amazing. Its creates a wet instantly dry look that actually last a while and on the plus side you can also use it clean your rims themselves, leather and interior panels, pretty awesome stuff

Sinned83

Reaction score
I like silk shine sprayable dressing. Apply let it sit for a few wipe off excess. Repeat for more shine. It doesn't last super long but its pretty inexpensive by the gallon

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
how easy does this stuff come off? I live on a dirt road and any of the stuff that lasts very long is just a PITA to get off and gums up my tire brush.

Nightmare

Reaction score
I have always liked the eagle one gel with their tire swipes or the meguiars tire foam....With the gel, spray it on, use the swipe to spread it along evenly, and let it sit.....that stuff lasts for up to two weeks. The tire foam, just spray it on, and let it be....

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I use Optimum Opti Bond Tire Gel on my personal vehicles. Gives some nice gloss, like a factory look and won't sling or attract dust and dirt. This can be used full strength or can be diluted down to your needs. Also, works great on all exterior plastics and in the engine bay.

You can purchase this from my Rag Shack site here: http://stores.theragshack.com/-strse-99/Optimum-Opti-Bond-Tire/Detail.bok Use code rag10 to get a 10% discount.

JoshHooten

Reaction score
I use black magic titanium tire wet gel. It comes with an applicator, and works great even on nittos which are bad about flinging tire wet off.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Armor All extreme tire shine gel.

I use a damp sponge and apply as necessary, doesn't sling and looks great.

OP
OP

9646gt

Reaction score
p84747z.jpg

I have had good luck with this stuff not slinging. The last bottle of this lasted over 5 years! I put it on with a good tire sponge and wipe off the excess.

This is what I have used some too. Thanks for all the tips guys. I always put it on and very lightly wipe off excess. I guess I get too greedy as I like the tires to look wet and I don't think I will find anything that will give an extremeley wet look and not sling lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online