tire rotation

veggiemike

Reaction score
This is gonna sound dumb... How do I rotate my own tires? I know I want to put the front wheels on the back and the back ones on the front, but how should I go about doing it? Jack the whole car up and put it on stands? Jack one side up at a time and rotate front/rear? Or jack and remove one wheel at a time? Just some really general maintenance that I've never actually done myself...

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
jack the car up and put a jack stand underneath one corner (say the driver side front), then take that wheel off. Take your jack and lift up the driver side rear, take that tire off and now you can just swap them. then repeat it on the other side

94Vert

Reaction score
Jack up one side, find a midget and pay him to hold it up, and then jack up the other side. Then take all the tires off and rotate.

gt96stang

Reaction score
pfft.. Buy some DD for the rear and never rotate again >:D >:D O0

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
To rotate tires properly jack the car up on all four's. Then right front to right rear, right rear to spare, spare to left rear, left rear to left front, left front to right front.

If you have a donut spare skip that step.

If you have directional tires, right front to right rear, left front to left rear.

There are no dumb questions.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah matt has it.. i was bout to ask if you had directional tires.. are your tires all the same size?

OP
OP
V

veggiemike

Reaction score
I have 4 17x9s. I think they're directional, but I don't remember where I got that impression from...

As far as jacking up all four wheels, is it safe to jack the front end up, set it on jack stands, and then jack the rear?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94Vert said:
Jack up one side, find a midget and pay him to hold it up, and then jack up the other side. Then take all the tires off and rotate.

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: thats going to have to be one STRONG ass midget :D

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
94Vert said:

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: thats going to have to be one STRONG ass midget :D
lmao, funny shit there

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online