took my car to ford

jaystang98

Reaction score
hey, i took my car to ford yesterday to find out what was wrong with my car and they said that that the secondary runner control module needs to be replaced, that it is stuck, does anyone know anything about this??
thanks

4.6snake

Reaction score
the control box that opens the imrc's at 3250rpm is broken. not very hard to change. the box is a pricey piece if you get it through ford, but try looking on ebay, or in the classifieds on a bunch of forums and someone might have one.

blackfang

Reaction score
jaystang98 said:
hey, i took my car to ford yesterday to find out what was wrong with my car and they said that that the secondary runner control module needs to be replaced, that it is stuck, does anyone know anything about this??
thanks

Sorry been busy.

That module is a boxalso know as the IMRC controller that allows the Intake Manifold Runner control to open. It is a black back that is mounted under the intake and has two main cables going to it from the backside of the motor. With any part from the dealer, it can be expensive. I would try a search and see if anyone has one from theirs as these are removed when you go to a short runner intake or do an IMRC delete.

Hope this helps.

96SVTCobra

Reaction score
blackfang said:
jaystang98 said:
thanks

Sorry been busy.

That module is a boxalso know as the IMRC controller that allows the Intake Manifold Runner control to open. It is a black back that is mounted under the intake and has two main cables going to it from the backside of the motor. With any part from the dealer, it can be expensive. I would try a search and see if anyone has one from theirs as these are removed when you go to a short runner intake or do an IMRC delete.

Hope this helps.

what is the benefit from an IMRC delete? Wouldn't that kill low end torque?

blackfang

Reaction score
Well it has a benefit and a loss that is easily fixed.

The benefit is it gives the car more hp in the mid and upper rpms but you lose around 15-20 ft lbs of torque that a 4.30 or a 4.56 gear can fix. it is a trade off, but a benefit if you have a gear.

96SVTCobra

Reaction score
haha man i dont know if i could sacrifice any low end torque! how much horsepower do you gain?

blackfang

Reaction score
I would say 15 or more but with the gears, you dsont notice the torque loss. 4.30 and 4.56's are a nice sotp feel :banana:

OP
OP
J

jaystang98

Reaction score
got it done at the dealer because i didnt feel like dealing with all that stuff to do, they replaced the module and when his was driving it he said it was not fireing on 1 and 6 so i had to get a new coil pack too. the car drives nice now but i feels kinda slow, and i raced my friend with a stock 01 gt and he beat me. is there somthing still wrong here?

blackfang

Reaction score
Well are both cars stock or have similar mods? How far was the race? Did you spin?

OP
OP
J

jaystang98

Reaction score
i have a x-pipe without cats and his gt is stock, both stick, we started in first doing around 10-20 mph and he started pulling on me

blackfang

Reaction score
Ok, what RPM do you shift at? Have you beaten other 99+ GT's? I ask this because they are a good match for our B headed cars with a good driver, but we tend to pull up top. If you shift below 6k then you arent using the cars full power and that gives them the edge.

OP
OP
J

jaystang98

Reaction score
i shifted at like 6500, and that was the first mustang i raced, when i bought my car the imrc's needed to be replaced and i finally replaced them, but that car feels really slow for a 300 hp car, my last car was a corvette that had 300 hp and 40 more tourqe and that thing felt a hell of a lot faster that the cobra does, and i looked up the specs on both of them and it that the cobra is only like .200 sec slower then my vette in the 1/4.

96SVTCobra

Reaction score
get them rear gears! our cars will feel slower than any other 300hp car. I can't wait to get mine in. I've been in one with 4.30s and it felt like it had all 305hp it was promised to

jpajkos

Reaction score
305 was the number putting out on the crank a cobra is putting out specailly stock around 265-275 to the wheels. Do you have mil eliminator's for your o/r pipe? I hear on some cars if you don't have these it puts the EGR valve in safe mode because its throw a CEL code and it loose's power. Not sure about this however.

blackfang

Reaction score
A B head Cobra normally puts down 250-265 stock. I have seen only 1 98 make 275 in stock form, but the average is 250-260.

I made 273/263 with a K&N, H pipe, 4.30's and Magnaflow Mufflers. I need to re-dyno with the full exhaust before the KB goes on this winter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online