Tree sap :(

wheresmycobra

Reaction score
Got my mustang out on a nice day to go over to the girlfriends house and parked in the street in front of her house. Came out a few hours later and my car is COVERED in tree sap :(. All over my precious paint. I mean there are drops all over the car

Whats the best way to get this nasty stuff off without tottally fucking my clear coat and scratching the paint?

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
this also happened to my f-350. what i did was clay bared the spots where it was till it was gone. worked great! hope this helps

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
there are a number of products out there targeted to helping with tree sap. Turtle wax is the one I use...

I, at one point, had a glob of tree sap so hard and large that I had to use gasoline to remove it. Gasoline is hard on the clear coat and I do not suggest it for anything accept small inconspicuous areas with no other options. (mine was right in front of the drivers side spoiler support and roughly the size of a dime) Use a soft rag if you have to use gasoline, as you want to simply remove the sap, not the clear coat. The spot i did with gasoline did indeed damage the clear coat, but a polish and sealant has covered it fine.

for your problem, i suggest testing out a few tree-sap prodcuts off-the-shelf. Starting with the turtlewax spray. If this does not fix the problem, clay barring was mentioned. I have a feeling it will take longer, but will be fully successful.

shiftmx55

Reaction score
Rubbing alcohol. Just DO NOT bear down on it and rub real hard becuase you WILL scratch your paint. just take your time. I was a car detailer for 4 years and this worked every single time.

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I've used a ton of different products to remove tree sap and Stoner Tarmintor works the best by far. It loosens up the sap and it will wipe off with ease. Tarminator is also the best product to remove tar as well.

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
oh forgot to mention which you most likely know anyways but just in case, if it got on your windshield or any other glass use a flat razor blade, but JUST GLASS ONLY no paint!!!

Sinned83

Reaction score
I remember another thread like this. Clay and clay luber.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online