Trick Flow Intake on NPI Heads

Thyme

Reaction score
I know of people slapping PI intakes onto NPI heads, but I haven't seen if anyone has done this with one of the Trick Flow intakes. If it is possible, would this be worth the effort? I've got a used Trick Flow Streetburner intake and a 75mm TB sitting around. I'm planning on replacing the heads by the start of next year with a set of twisted wedge heads and cams to match, but I'm eager to get any gains I can now. The car I'm working on is a '97 GT with a bone stock NPI engine.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I wouldn’t waste the time until you swap heads. That intake will make you lose low rpm torque and without better flowing heads and cams, you won’t gain anything. It’s been proven that the best intake for a bolt on 2v is the stock intake, or pi in your case.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Neither head out do each other when the cams, lashers and intake are updated the same. Its minimal difference otherwise. The pi gain comes from the compression bump on a npi short block. If the pi head had been ran with the npi intake and npi cams, the scenario would be equal to a npi package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online