Trick flow street heat HCI

scootin95gts

Reaction score
OKay guys im thinking about getting the street heat HCI kit and so far my car has full exhaust,cai,egr del and smog del.My car so far has 55,xxx miles on it and was wondering is that if i get this kit will my engine be able to handle it without blowing up anything? Also is there a better kit for the money? And my last question is that how much do mechanics usually charge to put a cam in and how much does a dyno tune usually run? Dont have any nearby or know of any.

G

GREG@SN95

Trickflow makes great stuff...

You motor can handle it no problem... actually... the motor is better off with the improved heads...

Downshift

Reaction score
Trickflows kits are good I have seen a few cars with them and they are pretty damn quick. As far as a kit I dont think there is better for the money. Most will say its better to get a HCI that match up or are made for each other. If you wanted to make your own "kit" it changes a lot and based on your goals for the car... It having 55k on it I wouldnt worry about anything especially since you are talking about getting it dyno tuned which is what will squeeze the extra hp out of it while making it more efficient and safe.

Not sure on the cam.... Around here they charge about 100$ an hour. As far as the dyno tune again around here they run about 500$ Im pretty sure its all gonna depend on where you live.

I know some of you guys say a gear install shouldnt be more then 200$ tops and the minimum where I live is 300$.

Cant wait to see it get on the car, lots of pics plz haha. When do you plan on getting all of this and having it tuned by?

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well im planning on getting this by January 1st becuase this is when im getting a check for 5g at work and i have no idea who im getting it tuned by because i live in some small town with nobody to tune so im gonna have to tow my car to whoever i find and when i get it i will take pics of every step as i install the heads and upper and lower.And that is if i dont decide on a vortech instead still debating if i want to awesome sound from the HCI or the sweet noise from a supercharger :dunno:

Downshift

Reaction score
Tough choice man, you will end up with ABOUT the same amount of hp from either one. I was all about HCI first but after seeing a ton of SC only cars making like 315 and what not I figured I would be much happier with my current mods and a SC before the heads and cam. Plus I dont really want to run HCI on the block I have now so kinda decided to just get an intake and save for boost. Getting it tuned either way is the most important part though, that will determine how well it runs and how long it lasts plus it will get you more HP.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I think if you just want more power and then be done with it then sc for sure, but if your going to want WAY more power down the road get the HCI now then add the super later....actually its personal preference. I just think your motor will handle hci better than sc. (depending on boost level)

G

GREG@SN95

I'd go NA myself... thats just my personal preference though...

Either decision you make will be a good one

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online