Tuning problem

STREETREBEL

Reaction score
Just bought a 96 GT Mustang.
I was told it had PI heads.
I bought an SCT BDX tuner for 96-98 GT.
When I loaded the 93 tune, it would cut out and barely run.
When I put the stock tune back in it, again it would barely run.
I'm very new to the tune FI world.
Could use some help!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome, STREETREBEL! Was that a typo? You have a ‘96 but you put a ‘93 tune in it? Unfortunately I don’t know anything about tuning, so I’m not much help to you. But, you should consider posting a thread in the “New Members” forum. Introduce yourself, tell everyone about you and your car, and then pop the tuning question. It won’t hurt to have it in 2 places! Just trying to be helpful, so please take this as intended. Have a good day and I’m sure I’ll see you around The Forum!

Cheers!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oops. Sorry, I missed the boat on that one, my bad.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
your probably going to be better off to get in touch with the manf of the tuner box. Did you get it new or used? I thought the first step to loading a new tune was to save the old one so you can go back if you needed to. Did you do this?

OP
OP
S

STREETREBEL

Reaction score
your probably going to be better off to get in touch with the manf of the tuner box. Did you get it new or used? I thought the first step to loading a new tune was to save the old one so you can go back if you needed to. Did you do this?
Yes. Turns out that you can't always go back to the saved tune if it's not factory. I did not get the tuner with the car.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Lee Blankenship does sct tuning, dyno or remote and has a vast libraryof mustang tunes. He is a cool dude and always willing to go the extra step to ensure your car runs right. Shoot him an email, see what he can offer you.

Their are other great tuners out there as well. Might be one close to where you live.

Do yourself a favor, just get in contact with a tuner. You spend the some money but the car will drive right.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but to my knowledge, the tuner saves the tune that was in the car, prior to installing a new tune. if true, then, when you put it back to "stock" (meaning the original tune that was in the car at the time you tried to install the 93 tune), it should have worked. Again, I could be wrong but that is my understanding. Was the tuner you bought new or used? Was the 93 tune a "box" tuen from SCT, in other words was the tune from them or from someone else?

OP
OP
S

STREETREBEL

Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but to my knowledge, the tuner saves the tune that was in the car, prior to installing a new tune. if true, then, when you put it back to "stock" (meaning the original tune that was in the car at the time you tried to install the 93 tune), it should have worked. Again, I could be wrong but that is my understanding. Was the tuner you bought new or used? Was the 93 tune a "box" tuen from SCT, in other words was the tune from them or from someone else?
I bought it new after I bought the Mustang. And the 93 tune came with it.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
contact SCT then and tell them what happened. I have found them to be very helpful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.