Tuning

TheBab

Reaction score
Right now my car is tuned with an Autologic Chip...

The previous owner did that.... I'm not a big fan of it... according to the dyno sheets I have from him.. they shut the car down at around 5800-6000rpms.. so I make no power after that what so ever..... I'm forced to shift at 5800.

Sometimes on decel itll back fire..... and today I smelt a little bit of gas.

I think it's running REALLY rich... I went through a little over half a tank of gas today and I only drove maybe 50-60 miles?

What do you guys recommend I do?

:dunno:

I do have access to a dyno but no tuners around.... :rant:

I'm only here till October.. I just want it to run strong till then.. lol

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
Everything to the engine...

Engine was bored 0.030 over, Manley H-beams, DSS blower pistons with 8.5-1 compresion.
Vortech S-Trim supercharger
front mount intercooler
42lbs. injectors with a lightning 90mm Mass air meter
Walboro 255 fuel pump with T-rex pump
Flowmaster mufflers
Bassani X-pipe
FRPP shroty ceramic coated headers

ripper

Reaction score
Well if you cant wait till October you can call Brent at brenspeed and have him send you a tuned chip for your mods. It wont be 100% and not cheap but it will run right.

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
What are you opinions on the XCAL2?

Can't I tell a shop my mods and they can send it out with a tune on it...

Dyno and Data Log it..

And see if they need to make corrections?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
www.VMPtuning.com does great mailorder tunes and even better dynotuning. he does some badass work, he has a TT V6 that runs in the 10s, and his wife has a vortech'd 05 V6 with 400HP :eek:

ripper

Reaction score
Thats what i was talking about. But the important thing is fuel air ratio and the x cal wont give you that. You will have to be careful you dont get a ping. Its hard to hear a ping on a supercharged car with aftermarket exhaust. Ya kinda need a trained ear. But after you flash the puter run it then run a diag. on it and you can send it to brent on tyour home puter. He will analyse it then make corrections. You download it to x cal then re flash car. Like i said it wont be 100% but it will be better than what you have now. It sounds like the last tune was on a new motor and the tuner didnt want the motor over reved so he limited the rpms.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
if you can't wait and dont have access to a tuner.. here's what i'd do...

Buy a wideband O2 sensor.. ($240 for a NGK powerdex... it works great, i love mine).

Then have Tim at modularpowerhouse.com send you an X-cal w/ a custom tune. He probably has one from a setup almost exact to yours as he's done tons of cars. when you get the X-cal.. load the tune and do a datalogging session w/ the input from the wideband into the X-cal 2. then you can send tim that file and he can review it and make corrections to it as necessary...