Turbo 98 gt???

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
[MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION] will tell you that the npi heads will favor the turbo more so than the pi heads. Im sure he can elaborate a little bit, if he is available.

He will definitely want the pi intake though. Thats a no brainer.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yes, leaving the npi heads in stock form already favor forced induction. Low valve lift, higher spring rate, open chamber design.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I was going to post a pic of men kissing but figured that would get me banned.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
One requirement with the On3 kit. Junk the wastegate and get a Tial, PTE or turbosmart. The On3's have had reports of wastegate failures, if that happens, you engine is toast. The V band clamps are said to suck, so those will need replaced as well. If they only provide hose clamps for the cold side, I would replace those with T bolt clamps as well.

Then dont forget about the other things your gonna need that most kits dont include:
gauges and bezels
fuel pump (255lph should be plenty)
injectors (42/60's)
handheld tuner and dyno tune ($600+)

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Idk if anyone is still here ,but I honestly lost interest in the car for a while , but I'm saving up for an On3 kit as we speak. Since last time I've posted , I've lowered the car and put on a 281 wing. Thinking about picking up some saleen wheels, but thinking about just skipping that and saving for the turbo kit.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just curious I mean turbo is fun for sure but was supercharging ever considered? I ask because we all know the issues that can come up withe the on3 kit with fitment and using some cheaper products in the kit and that there are a number of more reliable, easier to install supercharging kits that would do just fine on a street car that occasional goes to the track. No need to swap a K, still great power and basically a bolt on with no issues on fitment or cheap shtuff....

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Just curious I mean turbo is fun for sure but was supercharging ever considered? I ask because we all know the issues that can come up withe the on3 kit with fitment and using some cheaper products in the kit and that there are a number of more reliable, easier to install supercharging kits that would do just fine on a street car that occasional goes to the track. No need to swap a K, still great power and basically a bolt on with no issues on fitment or cheap shtuff....

Agreed. You can get a centri setup that will be way more reliable, no front suspension upgrades needed, and provide great power. Torque won't be all that impressive but definitely something to consider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Stop hating on turbos just cause y'all took the easy way out!!!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online