Turn signal issue

dg1

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am new here and looking for a little help. Recently purchased a 2003 mustang gt that is a slight project car. It is also my daily driver for now to. Any how upon checking all the lights noticed my turn signal was blinking fast when I turned it on to go left. Found out the driver front wasn't working so I bought a new bulb and tried that first didn't do any thing tried another new bulb just to be safe with the same results. Does any one have any suggestions of where to start looking??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Could be the socket isn't making good contact with the bulb. Do you have a multimeter?

OP
OP
D

dg1

Reaction score
I do t have a multi meter but my dad does I'll try the hazards with and let you all know thanks

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Check the malty function switch connection. Usually more is happening like break lights are out and stuff but yeah

OP
OP
D

dg1

Reaction score
Where is thy switch located

OP
OP
D

dg1

Reaction score
Got yeah I have tried every thing so far no luck... I will get a multi meter and check tomorrow. I also noticed what seems to be a ground wire not attached under the car it's connected to the body on the driver side under the engine does any one know where the other end should attach to I assume the engine some were

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they should not be separated with fusing but with electrical start simple, check all your fuses.

OP
OP
D

dg1

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help. Today I borrowed my dads multi meter. I first ruled out bad bulb and bulb housing because it worked if I switched it to the other side. Then I tested the wires which was getting power I found out that the wires just had been not pushed in enough in the harnes that plus into the bulb housing. So I just pushed the wires in deeper and it works cheap fix.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
good job. Working as a tech I was often amazed how easy a lot of fixes are often just a good look can tell you alot. I had a room mate that kept complaining that his car had a rattle at 3400 rpms or something strange. "Not 35, not 33, but 3400.", He told me about it for months until finally one day we were both outside and I told him to pop the hood and lets take a look. He popped the hood and held it up still telling me about how its been driving him nuts and as I went to grab the prop rod I found the problem, the prop rod was not latched down under the clip. Took 3 secs and even if he didn't realize that was it if he would have taken a look he probably could have fixed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online