Turn Signal Issues

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
About a month ago, my right turn signal started blinking pretty vigorously, kind of like theres a short. Normally when this happened on my old civic DD, I just swapped out new corner and tail light bulbs. (I have access to free ones) But when I changed them this time, nothing. Is there anything else I should be looking for? Thanks in advance.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
In the tail lamp, there's two bulbs that blink with the turn signal. If one, or both, of those bulbs in the back is out, it will make it blink rapidly. Double check the tail lamp bulbs again to make sure they are in the sockets snugly.

OP
OP

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
In the tail lamp, there's two bulbs that blink with the turn signal. If one, or both, of those bulbs in the back is out, it will make it blink rapidly. Double check the tail lamp bulbs again to make sure they are in the sockets snugly.

Thanks Deeplist, I'll check on that soon.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ That flasher unit controls both left and right blinker functions. If it was bad, neither side would work.

If only the right side is having an issue, that once again points back to a bulb that's bad or not seated properly in the socket.

OP
OP

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
^ That flasher unit controls both left and right blinker functions. If it was bad, neither side would work.

If only the right side is having an issue, that once again points back to a bulb that's bad or not seated properly in the socket.

Turns out it was the second flasher bulb as well as the brake bulb in the housing. New bulbs in, works like a dream. Appreciate the info.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Turns out it was the second flasher bulb as well as the brake bulb in the housing. New bulbs in, works like a dream. Appreciate the info.

Good deal. Glad you got it taken care of and thanks for checking back in. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online