Turn Signal Stalk - Too Low

TrickVert

Reaction score
I've always thought the turn signal stalk in the '95 (and probably my Fox, too, since I think they're the same) is positioned about 2" lower than it should be. Maybe a stupid question/idea, but does anyone know if there's another one with an upward bend that could be easily retrofit? (Yes, I suppose I'm digging deep for things to do to the car.) I didn't find the subject mentioned in a search, but if possible, I'd hat o miss out if it's an easy fix.

tinnocker

Reaction score
I have never taken the 95 stalk off but some just have a couple of small screws holding the flat end to the signal switch. If that is the way it is made it would be easy to put it in a vise and bend it to suit you. I would wrap the stalk in a towel and clamp it in a vise. Use a small pipe to slip over the end with the holes and bend it. If you haven't got a pipe a hammer would do the job. There are plenty in the junk yards if you mess it up.

OP
OP
TrickVert

TrickVert

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking that the replacement would be more of an out, then up, then back straight design. Sort of a flattened/elongated "Z" shape. I don't know that simply bending it up would do the trick.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
with the wiring for the windshield wipers in there I am not sure I would recommend any bending. I am not aware of any others available.

OP
OP
TrickVert

TrickVert

Reaction score
A good point. I was thinking there might one from another vehicle that could be re-fit. I imagine I would have been able to find something online already, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online