Typhhon Intake install results...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard about that having quality issues.

Good example of the "cheapest" product being a Cheaply made POS.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I remember back a few years ago when the 5.0 intakes came out from Professional Products, all the guys went over to Holcomb Motorsports in Lumberton NC to get theirs ( they were like 300 Bucks brand new and polished) and suppose to be = to a Edelbrock Performer intake. My god when we got there and took the first one out of the box....... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: What a huge piece of CRAP !!!! The ports and runners were rougher than a 8 second ride on a bramer bull. There were hills and bumps of material all over the place, it was without a dobut the cheapest thing I have ever seen from a manufacture. I could have done better with a can of Play- Dough, It just goes to show you, you get what you pay for.

Oh we didnt get them by the way

Spyder

Reaction score
Eh, its from professional products, did you really expect something good to come from them?

I wouldnt put anyting from that company on my car, its not worth the gamble

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spyder said:
Eh, its from professional products, did you really expect something good to come from them?

you would be surprised how many people look past the junk they made for 5.0's in hopes of getting a cheap 2V intake. Lots of 17-22 year olds who saw the bogus test article in MMFF and plunked down money 6 months before this was even available. Its sad!

Spyder

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Spyder said:

you would be surprised how many people look past the junk they made for 5.0's in hopes of getting a cheap 2V intake. Lots of 17-22 year olds who saw the bogus test article in MMFF and plunked down money 6 months before this was even available. Its sad!

Theres the problem right there. Now i know that back when i was that young, i didnt know a ton about cars, so you younger guys dont get your panties in a twist. Just keep in mind that pretty much everything in life now-a-days, you get what you pay for.

If something is cheaper than all the other, there is a reason for it, and its not cause they have an amazing hook up on material and labor either. :hammer:

Quality and durability require money, its just that simple.

Robuilt

Reaction score
so then i guess its safe to say that we are limited to the "dyno proven" stock PI intake?

unless of course, you are going to fork down mega money for a custom intake huh,.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online