underdrive pulley question

95gtdrop

Reaction score
so im looking into getting somne U/D pullies for my cobra.
i have used them on all 3 of my previous pushrod motors, and noticed HP gains.
do the U/D pullies on the 4.6 4v give any gains, and do they affeect the temperature, and does it drop the alt output?
if its worth it, im going to go with the steeda pullies.

basicaly what im asking is if they are worth $ 200

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Please get the non piggyback style.. It doesnt gain you HP.. It frees up HP by taking it away from the accessories..

Otherwise I have never had a problem... Are they worth it? Not sure.. I have piggyback(Dont ask why).. and plan on eventually swapping them out for a better set..

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
BBK..I have come to dislike BBK very much lol.. Well, theyr parts for mustangs are not that amazing.. minus their LTs are ok..

Ide get the steeda or March(not sure if they still make them)

OP
OP

95gtdrop

Reaction score
yeah imo bbk is cheap. i am a steeda fan and was planning on getting those ones.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wait for used ones to pop up. i sold my steeda ones for like, 80.00 :-/ if they work for you, great. if they dont, resell them.

everyone has different opinions on UD's i had them, never had a problem with the ALT, but my car would over heat in the summers in stop-n-go traffic.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Im with chris on that one, I had steeda's on my old motor and got them used for under 100 a few years ago.

A local magazine did a write up with back to back dyno tests with under-drive and stock pulley setup, defiantly was a good read.

Gallows

Reaction score
I will be putting these on my Aviator swap. These are the same pulleys as what came on the 00R's.

March 116 Alt. pulley
March 1172 Water pump pulley
March 1158-08 Harmonic balancer
March 640-08 Hydroboost pulley

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
This^^^ if you don't go with all those pulleys then at least get the March fluid dampner and mach1 alternator pulley. Another option for the accesorie pulleys is to go with Bullitt water pump and alternator pulleys. They are the same as the 96-98 cobra pulleys but bigger of course. But definitely get the March crank fluid dampner

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online