*update* .....thunderhill video!

ba#97

Reaction score
ok just to avoid criticism I will explain a few things before posting the vid. The group I am running in is a point by based run group. Meaning you can't pass unless pointed by. and they had a rule that you couldn't pass in turn 4 which in the second part of the video you will notice I forgot about in the heat of the moment. lol. all in all...this is my best run of the day...didn't point anyone by me the entire day and ran some pretty good laps out there. also...around 8:45 going into turn 8 (about 100mph) there is a dip off line...and you will see how my your car reacts when you go off line just slightly....it's quite the interesting moment. haha. well here is all the video...split into two sections for one run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDaMNlpnTqo&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZkL_O5vnfE&feature=youtu.be

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
No fair....No fair...you are just trying to pump me up more...and its working :) Awesome Video bro

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
thanks. lol. oh and if anyone asks...the rattling is my exhaust on the frame rail in the back...no big deal.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Mannn.. that's a tight track...not much room for error in the curves

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
actually...with all the free space to go off in the grass...it's considered a pretty open track honestly. if you have an issue...you can just put it in the grass and usually come out fine.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Ahhhhh...Classic "6:04" :) That video..is making me think twice about spending that money for another stang...and just take mine off the streets all together ....for the Tracks..of course put a real roll cage inside ...hmmmm time to turn on the PS3 and run a few laps on GT5...:)

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
How fast are you rolling on the straight?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
hmmmm time to turn on the PS3 and run a few laps on GT5...:)

I understand that... I've worn my Xbox out playin Forza.

57CDE5B8-9B21-4643-8E36-C896AC85E23C-529-0000006D74C0CA36.jpg

Just put a roll bar in your street car and remove the back seat.

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
if I were you....id see about going out with a buddy or something and seeing if you like it first...before putting money into your car with a rollcage etc. Autocross doesn't require a cage either btw.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
I use to Road race Motorcycles in the 90's/ early 2000's in SC..and finally gave up Motorcycles in 2007...So I know I would love to drive a car on a Track......here is my bikes and my Old Mark 7 LSC Special Edition.
100_0832_zps11c56d1a.jpg

100_0847_zpsa8498540.jpg

100_0857_zpsf77e8f90.jpg

100_1587_zps139e1c74.jpg

The Red on was my Track bike only..and the Blue one was my street bike...

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
nice....well then...sounds like you need to get yourself a truck....and just make your stang a track car like mine. haha.

RichV

Reaction score
Man I'm jealous! That looks like a fun track.

T5-6-7 look interesting with the uphill. I bet the 1st time you run the track that section gets the pucker factor. lol

Nice job, great 10-2 on the wheel, and you do a much better job of brake-shift-turn then I do. I'm looking forward to posting vids this year, finally got my GoPro functional. You can definitely tell when you upset the car.

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
Man I'm jealous! That looks like a fun track.

T5-6-7 look interesting with the uphill. I bet the 1st time you run the track that section gets the pucker factor. lol

Nice job, great 10-2 on the wheel, and you do a much better job of brake-shift-turn then I do. I'm looking forward to posting vids this year, finally got my GoPro functional. You can definitely tell when you upset the car.

Just the guy I was waiting for! lol...thank you for the comments...if you see anything that I need to work on...I want to hear it! as for the uphill...which are you talking about? turn 5 is the one like the famous laguna seca 'corkscrew'....4 uphill, 5 and 5a down the hill again. the other uphill is 8 where I almost lost it at 8:40 with the bump...lol...and then 9 up the hill and back down...which is pretty will because you have to point the car at the sky and hope you don't go off course on the other side. haha. all of which is fun as hell!

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
can't wait to see some of your vids. I definitely noticed that after watching the go pro video from my first event...I could drive better...and I fixed all the issues I had this time around. as for my brakes! bought some Hawk blacks to try out this time around...and there is a guy on svtp that makes brake cooling duct kits with instructions for the front of our cars that he has tested on his AI car....so bought that to toss on too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online