Upper/Lower Intake Question

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
lemme know how it goes with the TF setup man!... when are you thinking about doing it? in the same debate myself about intake/heads as you know.. wouldn't be a bad thing to have more low rpm power when im driving
after you do your car, definitely wanna see how it looks and works out
Definitely will. I'm hoping by the summer I can have some of the stuff purchased already. Might buy the edelbrock upper and lower, tfs 1 cam first. Than the heads and other stuff ill need. I've been comsidering so mny different setups but I'm positive i got the setup I want now. First gotta have my radiator done, along with the new throttlebody amd control arms.. Than 4.10s, amd ill start getting the parts i need for the hci. Gonna be sick all thru an auto lol
Dats a lot o moneh.

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk
Yup
gonna be a completely different car afterwards especially with the 4.10s... track day is gonna be fun as hell
Whole other animal. Can't wait to just get the 4.10s in lol

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Definitely will. I'm hoping by the summer I can have some of the stuff purchased already. Might buy the edelbrock upper and lower, tfs 1 cam first. Than the heads and other stuff ill need. I've been comsidering so mny different setups but I'm positive i got the setup I want now. First gotta have my radiator done, along with the new throttlebody amd control arms.. Than 4.10s, amd ill start getting the parts i need for the hci. Gonna be sick all thru an auto lol

Whole other animal. Can't wait to just get the 4.10s in lol

lol yea it definitely sounds like a nice way to go ... im torn up with what to do.. but get the 4.10s.. put those in first.. break them in nicely and than once you get the hci swap.. you can tune and go without worrying about taking it easy breaking in gears... in an auto.. buh bye 1st gear that's for sure haha no chance of staying in there long.. what kinda radiator are you going with? track days are gonna be fun man... i cant wait to go to Etown this year

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
lol yea it definitely sounds like a nice way to go ... im torn up with what to do.. but get the 4.10s.. put those in first.. break them in nicely and than once you get the hci swap.. you can tune and go without worrying about taking it easy breaking in gears... in an auto.. buh bye 1st gear that's for sure haha no chance of staying in there long.. what kinda radiator are you going with? track days are gonna be fun man... i cant wait to go to Etown this year

yeah theres so much to pick from lol. i literally have the gears, new bearings by my bed waiting to go in haha. who needs 1st anyways haha. I already have the radiator and other replacement parts. Went with a stock replacement off latemodel, 180 degree t stat, new hoses and clamps. Anything else would be overkill honestly lol. on mine anyway.. Track days are gonna be sick for sure. By spring time (march april) I should have the gears in. Etown open on sundays? I got school mon, wed, fri, saturday unfortunately lol

1bad9d5

Reaction score
yeah theres so much to pick from lol. i literally have the gears, new bearings by my bed waiting to go in haha. who needs 1st anyways haha. I already have the radiator and other replacement parts. Went with a stock replacement off latemodel, 180 degree t stat, new hoses and clamps. Anything else would be overkill honestly lol. on mine anyway.. Track days are gonna be sick for sure. By spring time (march april) I should have the gears in. Etown open on sundays? I got school mon, wed, fri, saturday unfortunately lol

haha 1st gear is overrated haha.. yea your car wont need much more of that for your radiator... if you went forced, be a different story... im looking to upgrade mine before it starts getting hot.. and idk what etown does on sundays.... anytime i go is on a Saturday but we can always call when we get closer to spring.... Saturday school though? why!? haha

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
haha 1st gear is overrated haha.. yea your car wont need much more of that for your radiator... if you went forced, be a different story... im looking to upgrade mine before it starts getting hot.. and idk what etown does on sundays.... anytime i go is on a Saturday but we can always call when we get closer to spring.... Saturday school though? why!? haha

LOL. Yeah i doubt im going FI. Yeah saturday classes until like 3 i think. Fml..

1bad9d5

Reaction score
LOL. Yeah i doubt im going FI. Yeah saturday classes until like 3 i think. Fml..

1 day i know you will lol.. btw at the shows you go to on Wednesday nights..... have you ever seen (if you remember) a orange mustang with the license plate "Orange" ???

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
1 day i know you will lol.. btw at the shows you go to on Wednesday nights..... have you ever seen (if you remember) a orange mustang with the license plate "Orange" ???

Haha maybe. Nah can't say I remember one like that. Got a pic?

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Haha maybe. Nah can't say I remember one like that. Got a pic?

haha yea ight well stick with that for now no problem man hhaa

naw ive never actually seen the car myself... met this girl Saturday night that's into cars loves mustangs... and she lives in Brooklyn but apparently she goes to meets Wednesday nights in staten island with her uncle who has an orange stang... i don't know how many meets in staten island are on Wednesday nights and starting around this march... but i figured you would be the only 1 i know who would know haha so looks like ill be going to that meet no matter what.. meeting you or show up with her lol

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
haha yea ight well stick with that for now no problem man hhaa

naw ive never actually seen the car myself... met this girl Saturday night that's into cars loves mustangs... and she lives in Brooklyn but apparently she goes to meets Wednesday nights in staten island with her uncle who has an orange stang... i don't know how many meets in staten island are on Wednesday nights and starting around this march... but i figured you would be the only 1 i know who would know haha so looks like ill be going to that meet no matter what.. meeting you or show up with her lol

hmm.. the only mustang meets on wednesdays on SI is the meet i go to. theres a general meet that used to be at s home depot (100s of cars) but cops broke it up every week and they moved it to somewhere else. were probably starting a little earlier if its not that cold. definitely lemme know if your gonna come thru ill let you know when were starting up again. theres a lotta diff stangs that come thru lol. right now mines probably the loudest, and thats including new 5.0s and boss'. haha

1bad9d5

Reaction score
hmm.. the only mustang meets on wednesdays on SI is the meet i go to. theres a general meet that used to be at s home depot (100s of cars) but cops broke it up every week and they moved it to somewhere else. were probably starting a little earlier if its not that cold. definitely lemme know if your gonna come thru ill let you know when were starting up again. theres a lotta diff stangs that come thru lol. right now mines probably the loudest, and thats including new 5.0s and boss'. haha

yea that's what i figured... probably only meet that has mustangs really come to it.. so im definitely gonna come thru for sure... what time does it start? and march is fine or april... doesn't matter when its warm and salt free ill take my stang out finally... i miss her right now lol... and dam that's impressive.. you did drop a ton on your whole setup right? i might have to open my bypass up (not that its really holding anything back cause i only have 2 resonators.. no cats/mufflers) but i love loud mustangs... if your car was a 5 speed.. im sure itd be even louder... which i think just wouldn't be fair haha

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
yea that's what i figured... probably only meet that has mustangs really come to it.. so im definitely gonna come thru for sure... what time does it start? and march is fine or april... doesn't matter when its warm and salt free ill take my stang out finally... i miss her right now lol... and dam that's impressive.. you did drop a ton on your whole setup right? i might have to open my bypass up (not that its really holding anything back cause i only have 2 resonators.. no cats/mufflers) but i love loud mustangs... if your car was a 5 speed.. im sure itd be even louder... which i think just wouldn't be fair haha

Yeah i mean im sure stangs go to the other general meet but i never went.. don't need any more cop trouble lol.. idk usually starts when people roll thru about 7 or 8ish.. Goes until like 10-12 usually and sometimes a few of us get some food after. mines sitting outside all filthy, thankfully in a driveway away from the salt lol. yeah my setup right now with the longtubes and x pipe and tails wasnt cheap. But i went from mac pro dumps (gift) with the stock H to an offroad H and added tails, to longtubes, offroad x lol. cost a lot but i learned my lesson, do it all at once.. shit lol, you got cutouts? I had a set and i sold em for like 350. if it aint loud its not for me. its pretty quiet cruising, but rev it up or get on it and its so loud haha. yeah i could imagine how sick it would sound rowin thru the gears. i couldn't get over, all these 5.0s even my buddy with an X pipe and borla stingers mine is still louder fail haha

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Yeah i mean im sure stangs go to the other general meet but i never went.. don't need any more cop trouble lol.. idk usually starts when people roll thru about 7 or 8ish.. Goes until like 10-12 usually and sometimes a few of us get some food after. mines sitting outside all filthy, thankfully in a driveway away from the salt lol. yeah my setup right now with the longtubes and x pipe and tails wasnt cheap. But i went from mac pro dumps (gift) with the stock H to an offroad H and added tails, to longtubes, offroad x lol. cost a lot but i learned my lesson, do it all at once.. shit lol, you got cutouts? I had a set and i sold em for like 350. if it aint loud its not for me. its pretty quiet cruising, but rev it up or get on it and its so loud haha. yeah i could imagine how sick it would sound rowin thru the gears. i couldn't get over, all these 5.0s even my buddy with an X pipe and borla stingers mine is still louder fail haha

lol yea your right.. guess im just hoping that she goes to the same 1.. would be an easy score for me lol... but yea i am thankful for my garage and hate how they overload the salt on the roads when it snows its crazy.. now we need rain lol.. but i heard a big storm is coming around super bowl weekend (oh joy) lol.. yea you definitely spent a nice penny on the exhaust... glad it worked out... sure it sounds nasty... and the mid pipe that came with my turbo comes with a cut out that you can unbolt... i plan on doing so when i take her out.. i wanna see if there is really even that much of a difference.. if there is i cant wait to hear her cause she screams with the pype bomb exhaust already haha that's crazy though how your louder than the new 1s... but im sure you love it lol

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
lol yea your right.. guess im just hoping that she goes to the same 1.. would be an easy score for me lol... but yea i am thankful for my garage and hate how they overload the salt on the roads when it snows its crazy.. now we need rain lol.. but i heard a big storm is coming around super bowl weekend (oh joy) lol.. yea you definitely spent a nice penny on the exhaust... glad it worked out... sure it sounds nasty... and the mid pipe that came with my turbo comes with a cut out that you can unbolt... i plan on doing so when i take her out.. i wanna see if there is really even that much of a difference.. if there is i cant wait to hear her cause she screams with the pype bomb exhaust already haha that's crazy though how your louder than the new 1s... but im sure you love it lol

yeah lol no doubt, id love a garage but shit i get to put my car in my neighbors driveway whenever they go on vacation. so i got a spot till april for now haha. snowstorm or rain? id rather rain, snow sucks. i loved it when i was like 12, but then i realized shoveling and unburying cars blows lol. and driving in it sucks too. thats pretty cool, cutouts are sick. with the cutouts open its definitely louder. sisters bf with his six banger has cutouts.. and since he has no cats, longtubes and an offroad X, its open headers whenever.. so obnoxious, doesn't sound bad for a six but ehh *shrugs. i always wanted to hear pype bombs on a 5.0. so ill hear yours lol. i love my exhaust, sometimes its pretty raspy but it sounds so good so idc lol.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
yeah lol no doubt, id love a garage but shit i get to put my car in my neighbors driveway whenever they go on vacation. so i got a spot till april for now haha. snowstorm or rain? id rather rain, snow sucks. i loved it when i was like 12, but then i realized shoveling and unburying cars blows lol. and driving in it sucks too. thats pretty cool, cutouts are sick. with the cutouts open its definitely louder. sisters bf with his six banger has cutouts.. and since he has no cats, longtubes and an offroad X, its open headers whenever.. so obnoxious, doesn't sound bad for a six but ehh *shrugs. i always wanted to hear pype bombs on a 5.0. so ill hear yours lol. i love my exhaust, sometimes its pretty raspy but it sounds so good so idc lol.

yea when I installed the pype bomb it was like no other exhaust I ever saw... just so different but so perfect in my mind on how I wanted my car to sound... its not the same with the turbo though compared to when it was N/A I opened a thread the other day to show Leo 5.0 my car with pipes before the turbo ill give you the link to it... couple of quick vids of her starting, idle and screaming... she sounds so good... if I unbolt the cut out I don't think ill ever close it up again ahhaa and yea a 6 will never sound like an 8 no matter what.. just cant do it.. yea I think when you look at our body styles.. raspy sometimes is a good thing and the new edges need the low flowmaster bulp to it

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Im running a gt40 upper and ported lower with gt40p heads thats been ported on both ends, alittle bowl work and bigger valves, bbk longtubes, 1.6 rr 70mm tb, mac cia, 75mm mas, and trickflow stage 1 cam. I couldnt be happier. The heads for all the work and gettin them from the pull yard was round 600. I got the heads and intake from the local pull yard for alittle under 200$$$. I havent got it tuned but with my tuner and setup I should see 300 give or take a few hp. My heads where flowed to pretty much match a set of tfs 170 heads. And the intake has been ported alot I had some work done then didnt like itso had it done again. Oh and 30lb injectors.

Still got to put on my adj fpr, and walboro 255lph fp. But im driving the car witbout those for a little bit and I love it!!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online