v6mustang94's Project: Blow Job

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
So last night something hit me and I think I might stick with the m90. I do have a mostly complete setup. I'm just missing a few odds and ends. Upgrading to an MP blower would be more than enough, plus a pulley upgrade and an FMIC.

I have all winter to think about it so I'm just going to take my time.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Time for a little update, it's been a while. Some of you might have seen this at 3.8 already. I think this is all new info for this thread. I think I've updated this one more than the one I have at 3.8. Anyways, that's not important. So read on to the update.

- I still don't have a shop lined up. I've been kind of lazy and haven't driven out to one. However, I'm almost positive I'm going to make it a 4.2. I'll just leave it at that for now since nothing is a guarantee yet.

- Aside from that, I have just about everything I need. I need some misc. things like bolts. I also need the rotating assembly but that goes along with the block and we just got done talking about that.

- I sent out my injectors to WitchHunter Performance to get tested and cleaned. Looks like they went in pretty decent but now they are even better.

- I now have my gauge pod and gauges. Boost, Oil Pressure, and Wideband A/F. All Autometer Phantoms.

- I started polishing my Throttle Body. I'm nearly done with it. I haven't been working on it too much. I think I got it polished about as good as I can... or at least feel like. I just need to get a dremel tool so I can get into those tricky places and clean it up a little. After that I'll start on the Supercharger... I think. Since I did the TB I probably should at least do the SC and Top. (I copy/pasted this update from 3.8 and just wanted to add that since I typed this at 3.8 I did pick up a dremel. So hopefully my polishing will improve at least a little bit.)

- Hmm... what else... Well I think I'm going to wait until my classes are done to work on the swap. My sister moved back to the state so I no longer have a back up car. So if something goes wrong with the swap I'd rather it happen during the summer when I can somewhat deal with not having a car and not when I need to be getting to classes in the morning.

Anyways, I think that's it for now. Just thought I'd let you guys know what's going on so you didn't think I gave up on it.

Edit: Decided to add a couple pictures. First off we have the guages...
n294700128_130220_2624.jpg

Secondly, we have an old polishing pic of the TB. This was taken months ago and I've done a lot of sanding since. I think it looks better now than it does in this pic. This weekend I want to work on it some more and I'll get an update pic then to. Oh, and just thought of something. I don't think I mentioned this here before. The TB is a stock TB from a '94 GT.
n294700128_126526_1384.jpg

1slosn95

Reaction score
i see you have a polishing fetish too? i polished the 3.8 on my top piece for my swap i think it looks beast

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
DSCF1684.jpg

I haven't done much to it since I've taken this picture. After taking the dremel to it I've gotten a lot more shine out of it as you can see.

I think I'll take the dremel to it a little more and then sand it down by hand and we'll see how it turns out.

engineman312

Reaction score
i'm doing a V6 build up here in new york, and was planning on going up in displacement to 4.3L. just to clarify something, the m90 supercharger will fit and work on my V6, regardless if it is 3.8L or 4.3L?

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
As long as you have a single port you'll be fine. The only difference is the displacement in your block. You're still using the same block. It will just have a different rotating assembly and some boring. The single port heads will still bolt right up to the block and the m90's intake manifold will go on top of the heads. Then you're m90 can sit beautifully on top of it all.

engineman312

Reaction score
ok... never mind. i'm doing a split port upgrade. thanks for the info though.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Talking to one last shop to see what kind of price they can offer me.

The block may be going in this weekend and then the fun will begin.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Sounds like I have the shop chosen. The last shop I talked to didn't get back to me until today. So obviously the block didn't go in over the weekend. Hopefullly in the very near future it will.

Also, due to laziness and lack of time, I won't be polishing anything. I'm going to finish my TB and call it quits. Too much work and too little time.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I'm going the 4.2 route. My newest plan is to buy a longblock from rpm or ssm and sell the block and heads I have.

HiTech (the shop I was going to use) just gave me too much of a business vibe while I was getting my quote. I felt like he was just feeding me bullshit here and there and after talking to some people I decided to just order something from ssm or rpm since it will be about the same cost and worked on by people who know 4.2s.

$2BURN

Reaction score
Ah yes, I remember the days of pulling my hair out with time money and the frustrations! Go Sixers!

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
J.R. said:
So do you wanna sell your swap stuff? Or are you still using it?

I'm going to try to sell it. Right now I'm trying to do it locally. I just decided it was more work than it was worth. Another big factor was my sister moving back into the state and taking her car back. When that happened I no longer had a vehicle to drive when my car was down and out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.