DSC02122.jpg

Super Coupe parts
DSC02123.jpg

Pieced together, but no where near the final build
DSC02125.jpg

DSC02127.jpg

DSC02128.jpg

**Still looking for some parts, so not everything is pictured**

I'm in the early stages of my project. I'm still looking for parts. So I'll update as I get more of them. Wish me luck.

Greggerex

Reaction score
Feel free to reference the list of parts I had to use HERE.

And the log I kept HERE which includes all the BULLSH*T that went wrong... :rant:

Still hammering out the problems but it runs like hell! 8)

Good luck dude.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Greggerex said:
Feel free to reference the list of parts I had to use HERE.

And the log I kept HERE which includes all the BULLSH*T that went wrong... :rant:

Still hammering out the problems but it runs like hell! 8)

Good luck dude.

Awesome, thank you very much! now I have two guys I can go to with my problems :dancing6: A guy at 3.8mustang.com recently did the swap and he's been helping me out a lot.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Looks sick man. Keep us posted... After you're done, go around town and show us how you taillight some V8's brothers!

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Well I got a stock intercooler a couple weeks ago, but that's about it.

I'm not putting much effort into this thing right now. I don't know why though. Guess I'm just not motivated that much anymore now that school is so close.

I'm still going to do the swap, it's just that it's not a priority for me right now.

Anyways, I'm still "looking" for a shop to work on my block. I have one that was recommended to me by a guy from work. Haven't checked them out yet. The shop I originally planned on using ended up quoting me at about $3400 and there's multiple places like SSM.com that I could get a built 4.2 for like less than 3k. So that shop is out of question considering I should be able to find a place that can do the work for much much cheaper.

That's all I have for you guys for now.

Oh, and I have accessory brackets coming soon. The guy that sold me the motor and SC parts has them. Just waiting for him to tell me how much for shipping.

Greggerex

Reaction score
Hey man,

Here's something that I found out today...

If you use the Mustang master cylinder, the rear brake line will be jammed against the lower intercooler tube and the engine's vibration will cut that line and cause a leak. And there's not enough room between that outlet and the tube to work any kind of fitting.

So, I got a 95 Ranger master cylinder - it bolts right on to where the Mustang one was but the outlets come out on the other side. You just plug the top (the Mustang doesn't use that connector).

Perfect fix.

Best of luck dude.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've actually heard about this problem before though. I have thread about it bookmarked. http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=32254

I don't know if I'll end up using the stock IC or not. slow v6 stang at 3.8mustang.com said he's getting 200* intake temps which is just ruining the power. He and I were talking about a FMIC. A guy did it to his Cobra. It looks like the guy cut the bumper that's behind the bumper cover and he mounted the intercooler in there and ran the pipes as needed. Looks badass, a lot more efficient and wouldn't rob as much power from you as the stock IC. slow v6 stang has a picture of how the guy mounted it. I forgot to save it :-\

Doc_G

Reaction score
Hey man didn't know you were here too... I see you on 3.8 all the time. Btw if you dont get your bracketry from that "guy" I've got some extra's that you can get for very little plus shipping... See my post here, after I eat (lasagna ftw), for the extra parts.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I'll keep you in mind. Matt has just been distracted with other stuff and hasn't had the chance to get a shipping price for me yet. I told him to take his time since I won't be needing them for at least a little while.

And for an update:

I have my valve covers now, got my 255 pump yesterday, I have my 42# injectors on the way, and I'm watching an auction for a tranny cooler.

Called the shop back that I want my work done at but he didn't answer. So no progress there, but I'll try again tomorrow. Won't get around to it today.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw in that I now have my injectors and my tranny cooler.

Next thing on the list to send the injectors out to be flow checked and the like. If anyone can suggest a place to get this done at, let me know please.

Here's something on want your help on. I keep forgetting and sometimes I just get lazy and I haven't been calling the shop back to figure out if I'm going to get this guy to do my block and head work or not. So this week (Mon-Fri) I want you guys to PM me on every forum you know me on and makes posts in my P:BJ threads and remind me to call this guy. I need to get this done. I could probably get the car done before winter and get a decent amount of driving time in. Then I could also spend the winter upgrading to a better intercooler.

That's all for now.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I'd like to thank everyone (which is actually no one) that PM'ed me and reminded me to make that call to the shop.

Anyways, I did remember to when I was driving home one day and left a voice mail with him. He called me back today and I e-mailed him a list of what I want done. So now he's checking everything out and hopefully I'll get an estimate or something soon and I really hope to be setting up an appt. with him to get everything done.

So progress is being made. O0

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Time for an update.

So I've kind of put things on a stand still. I'm thinking I might drop the m90 and start a little bit of a different project. I'll let you know more as I figure things out. But for now I'm just kind of sitting back and waiting and doing some reading as well. Don't worry though, it'll still be a sixer.

Hopefully I'll know what's going on soon. I'll get back to you when I do.

slow_v6_stang

Reaction score
dude, the M90 has enough heat problems with an intercooler...i couldnt imagine the non-intercooled M112

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
slow_v6_stang said:
dude, the M90 has enough heat problems with an intercooler...i couldnt imagine the non-intercooled M112

Tomzac was claiming 220 on a heat soaked run which really isn't all that bad.

And you can still get an intercooled setup for the m112. Only problem at the moment is it sits so high then. But Mysteed is trying to make it so everything can fit under a 3" or maybe smaller cowl. As much as I'd rather not have to get a new hood since I've been moving the look of my car back to stock, a part of me still loves the Cobra R. I have always wanted one but never liked the idea of having a useless cowl.

The m112 just seems to have more potential. Besides, remember how I always wanted the blower to like stick out more. The m112 does that perfectly for me, lol.

Anyways, who ever said I was even going to do the m112? :-X ::)

slow_v6_stang

Reaction score
v6mustang94[/quote said:
Anyways, who ever said I was even going to do the m112? :-X ::)

i will worship you if you have a kenne bell blower on a v6...but still the lack of intercooler is a big downfall. instead of dumping all this cash into a split port swap/M112 blower, ever think of a magnum powers blower and a front mount intercooler? i think this setup could really give the M112 setup a run for its money

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
What I meant to say was "who said I was going to do a another roots."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online