Vortech Pic on my car

reduceallpain

Reaction score
2vcc3ll.jpg

Sorry for the shitty cellphone pic.. I didn't have my camera and the car is 2 hours avvay...

It's a vortech s-trim V1 vvith a 2.95 upper pulley and a 8# lovver......... The car doesn't have the loud vortech vvhistle at idle but you definitely hear it.. It vvhines pretty loud vvhen it's revved...... I vvon't have the car back for about another 14-16 days being that the guy is leaving for vacation today for 2 vveeks......... It's all about buying a used kit, not getting all of the parts, and bad timing.. The guy that sold me the supercharger gave me the vortech blovver, alternator bracket, anderson povver pipe, t-rex fuel pump. 2 belts, intake piping & filter, oil line and a fe other little things.... I still needed bigger injectors and MAF so for 290 shipped i got a set of 42lbs and 90 lightning maf.... VVell, thursday morning i get a phone call saying everything is done on the car but it vvon't vvork vvith the vvater pump pulley.... The guy that sold me the kit vvas on vacation but said he'd give the vvater pump pulley vvhen he gets back... That vvould have been vvhen my tuner ho is also installing is leaving for vacation...... He said he vvas pretty confident he could get the car done by saturday if I got the vvater pump pulley overnighted from vortech for $150 total.. So I said okay...... Friday afternoon I get a call saying the pulley is in and on the car....BUT, the back side of one of the belts vvas touching the other...... As if the belt avvas too long, turns out.. it vvas........... So in conclusion, I vvon't ave my car for another 2 vveeks plus.......... Kinda vvondering vvhy it isn't that annoying V1 screams at idle tho......

OP
OP
R

reduceallpain

Reaction score
Also, very sorry that my DOUBLE U on my keyboard doesn't vvork........

switch96

Reaction score
Lmoa, I didn't even notice. But that pic looks pretty wicked! How much power are you hoping to put down?

OP
OP
R

reduceallpain

Reaction score
Honestly, no idea...... The guy that sold it to me told my tuner I'd be lucky to see 8psi. But the 2.95 pulleys are supposed to put out 10-14lbs... I just checked my PM's on Corral from the guy i bought the uncomplete kit from, and he said .. blovver is the cobra kit vvith 8 rib one piece lovver pulley..... Don't really understand that much, Dont have a lot of knoledge into Vortechs, yet.....

OP
OP
R

reduceallpain

Reaction score
Kinda hoping someone VVith a similar set-up on there 5.0 VVould chime in here....

thorco3

Reaction score
Well, I'm running a v2 on a 5.0, but there are a couple differences in our setups as well. I don't have a powerpipe, and I've got stock e7 heads on my car. You should have the gt40 heads. Hmm, lets see otherwise, pretty similar I suppose. I think you can expect around 300rwhp and 350rwtq. Oh, it really depends on what boost numbers you see though. I'm only making about 6-7psi. I made 281/355. I'd go ahead and throw a new pulley on mine and up the boost, but I've got crazy bad crankcase pressure as it is. I'm just waiting to upgrade heads, cam, new breather setup, and different pulley all at the same time, so I can get a new tune and be done with it. At that point I expect to be making about 400-450ish power.

4.6Rob

Reaction score
looks awsome man, did u atleast get a good deal on the kit though?

MEstang

Reaction score
very nice. should make around 300+. i thought u just wanted to be different with the V's...

OP
OP
R

reduceallpain

Reaction score
VVell i dyno'ed at 250 hp and 290 tq so ith 8 psi i'm lookin to see around 320hp and 330ish tq

thorco3

Reaction score
CW Cobra said:
VVell i dyno'ed at 250 hp and 290 tq so ith 8 psi i'm lookin to see around 320hp and 330ish tq

yeah, that sounds about right to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online