Vortech v1 and gears.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
On a side note, I picked up the bBK cold air intake last night for 20 bucks. I spoke to two mustang performance shops in my area. Both of them told me doing the manifold was a waste of time. They said using the RV T sealant on the coolant channel will leak eventually. They said years ago they used to make an adapter plate but it's no longer available. I actually found a used 99 manifold on craigslist for very cheap but now I'm second-guessing doing it. Both shops wanted me to do a tune to make some more hp. Do you guys think just doing the manifold will give me noticeable power increase? I don't think the super charger is happening right away so I want to do some things I can enjoy now.

If a "mustang" shop told you that a PI manifold was a waste of time, I wouldnt be going back there. I picked up 30rwhp from just a PI manifold swap with a blower. There are multiple threads of guys picking up 15-20rwhp on n/a setups. For the price, one of the best mods you can do to that non pi motor.

punched281

Reaction score
Yea I agree, pi is far superior. The shops were probably talking about the "cold air". That doesn't really do too much other than looks and a Bette filter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online