Vortech VS KB

97vertstang

Reaction score
its a pushrod, wish i had the combo or the money to use it :santa_cry:

jpajkos

Reaction score
Thats a damn shame they went back to a pushrod motor. I would think they would cam up a 302 instead of paying the steep price for the cammer motor. I would love to see a over head cam 302

97vertstang

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Thats a damn shame they went back to a pushrod motor. I would think they would cam up a 302 instead of paying the steep price for the cammer motor. I would love to see a over head cam 302
theres been talk about a boss 302 car, with a big bore 5.0 modular.that would be what ur talking about.

jpajkos

Reaction score
It would be nice to see that Modular 302 come out. I think it would do great knowing that it can harness more overall power. But it would also be nice for the pushrod motor for you guys cuz it gets your somthing else other then just what you have right now.

jpajkos

Reaction score
I already know about the stroker kit man :santa_afro: thanks however. Im saying it would be nice to give a 302 mod motor for the pushrod guys if they wanted to do this swap. I don't know about you but the 5.0 cammer motor is the biggest waste of money I've seen. Motor goes for like 13k or something like that?? Hell I can't remember. Why would putting in a 302 mod motor be stupid? I've been through the pushrod phase. Not sure i understand exactly what your implying are far as whats stupid? If im stupid all you have to say is im stupid and we'll go from there.

97vertstang

Reaction score
the stroker kits make 302ci by lengthening the stroke. The big bore 302ci engines make more cubic inches by widening the bore, which in the mod motors it really needs it. 3.55 in bore is standard, i think, the big bore motors extent that by 3.70 which will unshroud the valves and flow more air.

a mod motor is great, theres no question about that, but to swap it in a pushrod chassis makes no sense in a performance per dollar standpoint. ur going to waste some good coin to get it in there and all the wiring.with that money u can just get a 392/408 stroker with more power for the same money and more power. a mod motor does look cool and will bring more attention though. so i guess whatever floats ur boat :dunno:

jpajkos

Reaction score
My first mustang was a push rod. I swapped the motor out for a Stroked 347 A4 block with a full H/C/I set balanced tuned with a 14psi Novi 2000. I did everything I could to that motor before the car went. Guess it because I've been there done that is why im tired of the pushrod. Would just like to see ford put out a modular 302 it a stang in the future. There nothing stupid about that..... :santa_huh:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
id like to see ford put a mod motor big than a 302 in the stang. How badass would a 400+ cube mod motor be :naughty: . They could keep the 4.6 for the "base" gt and have an option of a bigger mod motor. That would be nice

jpajkos

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
id like to see ford put a mod motor big than a 302 in the stang. How badass would a 400+ cube mod motor be :naughty: . They could keep the 4.6 for the "base" gt and have an option of a bigger mod motor. That would be nice
+1

97vertstang

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
kind of like chevy does with the corvette. it keeps the 347ci ls motors on camaros and trucks.while the corvettes gets the 427ci c5r and ls6 engines. if chevy can put 427ci in a small block why cant ford??? a 400+ci cobra would be killer.and the mod motors have 4 valves per cylinder making them breath even better.i guess u cant fit anymore ci in a modular :dunno:

jpajkos

Reaction score
I always said it should have been broken down like this

Base GT Model 3v 4.6 Liter 300 to the wheels
Premium GT Model 4v 4.6 Liter 380-400

Cobra Super Charged 4v 5.4 331ci 500 to the wheels

Shelby Cobra: Some crazy ass motor like 600 to the wheels

This would really set the bar for alot of companies since ford seems to favor the small blocks alot. Those number would be hard to beat. Ford has the technology to do this I know they do. I always talk with fellow stang and cobra owners about this and they feel the same way. The all love Ford but wish they would raise the bar alittle bit. I mean Roush and Saleen will always make great cars but it would be nice to see this happen.

97vertstang

Reaction score
the reason i think ford doesnt do it , its for mustang prices and insurance prices.if ford were to make those numbers the cars would be way more expensive and insurance would also be more expensive. dont get me wrong i would love to see those numbers but theres a lot more variables. oh forgot, gas mileage would be hurt too.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
if they left the "base" gt like it is w/ the 3v 4.6 and then had a "high performance" option for a bigger mod motor (even a 5.4 would be nice) that would solve the issues with prices etc. Then they could have the cobra, shelby or w/e they decide to call it have a supercharged mod motor. One thing is i love the retro styling of the 05+ but i think they need to start coming up with some new ideas. The will probably bring the "boss" nameplate back but i hope they dont. They need some new ideas.

jpajkos

Reaction score
I don't remember the day when I bought a mustang hoping that I would save gas? I think we all know mustangs aren't exactly "Gas Savers". I think ford needs to start setting the bar. Yes your right Vette's do cost 3 times as much as mustangs. For 14 grand I can build a motor thats would be badass. Give me just 10 grand I can do it. The idea of a High performance option would be awesome.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Jperran said:
This just in guys, corvettes cost three times as much as a mustang. That's why they can have an engine that cost $14,700 alone.

No shit shirlock. If they did a little work w/ the 5.4 and stuck it in the stang it would not cost 14,700. They just need to put a 5.4 n/a(preferably stay n/a) in it.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Jperran said:
This just in guys, corvettes cost three times as much as a mustang. That's why they can have an engine that cost $14,700 alone.
Dude chevy had to move to a 7 liter motor to achieve what they did on that z06 :santa_huh:..... And this just in Ford achieved the same numbers with a super charged 5.4 and it didnt cost them 15k

97vertstang

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Jperran said:
Dude chevy had to move to a 7 liter motor to achieve what they did on that z06 :santa_huh:..... And this just in Ford achieved the same numbers with a super charged 5.4 and it didnt cost them 15k
and im pretty sure mod per mod the blown 5.4 responds better

jpajkos

Reaction score
could you imagine what kind of number the stang would put out if we were to up motor to a 7 liter. I don't think 505 horsepower would be that hard to achieve.

97vertstang

Reaction score
the problem is getting 7 liters, being a modular motor it would be huge!!!! or a v10 :santa_rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online