Washed The Car Today: Pics

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I washed the car today, here is the result.

000_0037-vi.jpg

This is after driving for the day.
100_2613-vi.jpg

This just makes me sick.
100_2614-vi.jpg

Now I have to get the door painted. At this rate the car is going to get repainted one part at a time. I am going to check with my insurance company, maybe I can get it covered under my comprihensive.

kspilly

Reaction score
No good. Has the door been repainted in the past that you know of? Or is that the actual original paint coming off??

Downshift

Reaction score
What the hell?? Did I miss something? Wait so all you did was wash your car and now you can see bare metal on your door? Shit man sorry to see that. Is it happening on other places of the car?

95-stang

Reaction score
Looks like the panel was never rubbed down before painting, and the primer has'nt keyed to the panel.
Maybe its had a new door or door skin, either way its lousy painting and it sux. :(

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
wow man sorry to see that.. that sux.. get that fixed soon.. it looks terrible! i remember you got something painted didn't you? was it the door? maybe they didn't do it quite right? :dunno: good luck buddy.. sorry this had to happen to you.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
wow man sorry to see that.. that sux.. get that fixed soon.. it looks terrible! i remember you got something painted didn't you? was it the door? maybe they didn't do it quite right? :dunno: good luck buddy.. sorry this had to happen to you.

He got something over his fuel door repainted.

95Boss

Reaction score
Peeling like that is almost always the result of poor prepping before a re-paint. Not much you can do other than getting the door painted by a reputable shop. Lucky thing your car is white. It's an easy match.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
any news matt? getting it repainted soon?

It is not down to the bare metal. That is the primer you see. The car must have been repainted somewhere along the line and they did a shitty prep on the primer before painting it.

I talked to the ins company today. Peeling paint is not covored. I did not think it was, but it was worth a shot.

The other repair I had done was to the fuel door and top of the right rear 1/4 panel. It had something dropped on it and had a big ass dent.

If I get off work early enough one day this week I am going to take it for an estimate. The car will probably get painted one body panel at a time.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ic matt.. well good luck to you on getting that fixed. you take car of that car to well for that to happen to you.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: how the hell ???

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: how the hell ???

+1 that SUCKS man. :(

Hope everything gets worked out.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's a bummer Matt,
mine started pealing around the plate trim on the decklid :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members