Water Etching?

98v6er

Reaction score
Well my car got caught in the sprinklers a while ago and it dried overnight. Of course the sulfur filled water in florida caused a bunch of water etching on the car. Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to remove this?

02GT

Reaction score
Do you have a DA like the PC7424xp? If so I would suggest using some Meguiars M105 or M205 depending how bad they etching is. Ive also had success using Chemical Guy's no.721.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I'm curious also. Can the same product that are used on paint be used on glass? I have a ton of etched on water spots on my windows.

OP
OP

98v6er

Reaction score
I don't have a DA yet, hoping to get one in the future. Is there anything I can use by hand to try and get rid of it? I don't think that the etching is to bad.

02GT

Reaction score
Go to any local parts store and get you some Meguiars Ultimate Compound, it works great by machine but it can be worked in by hand with decent results. Im sure that you will be able to get stage 1 waterspots out easily.

Also try white vinegar, i know it sounds crazy but it really works and its been a known technique for a long time. Those are the two things I'd try first. Definitely do the vinegar first, then if they are too severe for the vinegar go with the Megs UC.

OP
OP

98v6er

Reaction score
sleepn_sn95 thanks for the link man thats exactly what I was looking for. And 02GT i'll definitely try that compound out and see if it helps if not I'll order some water spot remover from CG.

02GT

Reaction score
Beware of that water spot remover from CG, it smells like a dirty vagina lol.

OP
OP

98v6er

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to get me a pair of nose plugs as well if I end up ordering the CG water spot remover.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticcobra