Wax for black

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hey all, I just got myself a black 97 GT a couple days ago ;D. It has been really crappy outside since I got it, but I can't wait to get a coat of wax on it. Any reccomendations for brands/methods? Thanks in advance.

wytstang

Reaction score
Clearkotes Carnuba Moose wax or Poorboys World Natt'y Blue wax look awesome on black.

OP
OP
B

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I will check out the clearkote stuff.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well my car isnt black but its deep forest green. i clay bared it then klasse all in one followed by 3 layers of klasse sealant glaze and topped it off with p21s wax and it looks pretty good :dancing6:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Well my car isnt black but its deep forest green. i clay bared it then klasse all in one followed by 3 layers of klasse sealant glaze and topped it off with p21s wax and it looks pretty good :dancing6:
:pics:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i dont think i will be able to get pics but ill try. I have access to a shitty digital camera so we will see. ill try my best. its looks pretty damn good but the paint has some defects in it that will only be fixed by repainting and i dont have that kind of money right now and if i did i would have a 347 h/c/i instead :naughty:

ALITL8

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:

all that work and that many layers of stuff and it looks "pretty good" ??? 3M medium, 3M finesse it II or perfect it II, polish and wax, use and orbital polisher or buffer and about 2 or 3 microfiber towels per step to remove. IT WILL LOOK AWESOME!! hell, you can even use one of the clearkote polishes/glazes and moose wax if that's what floats your boat. i dont use their waxes but they are quality products and thats what matters :thumb:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
wait it looks GREAT!!! is that better? ;D it wasnt that much work. the klasse sg goes on extremely thin and comes off easy. i did it all by hand. The paint isnt perfect as it has its fair share of chips and scratches but it looks damn good. the klasse products are good and the p21s wax is good stuff also. It was pretty easy to do it all. clay baring the whole car took awhile but thats just the way it goes. next time i may try something different for the hell of it. maybe try a different polish and top it with p21s wax. we will see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online