Weird sound from stereo

94GTMike

Reaction score
ok well i got a 94 gt with the mach 460 system. i cant afford to rewire the whole car right now so i decided to stick with the 460 system for a while.

basically when i got the car its been making this noise. the guy said he thoguht it was a grounding issue btu all the grounds seem fine.

i get this very random (kinda sounds like a weird fart)

maybe you guys can help me out.

heres a video hopefully you guys can help me figure this out.

its the random noise you hear through out the video. its not bass cause the volume could be like all the way down and itll still do it.

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
blown speaker possibly? IDK you could have a loose wire somewhere, i dont konw man thats tough. i would say blown speaker but it sounds like its almost at a constant noise/wavelength which could mean you have something internal on your sound output, like a transistor or a relay inside your tuner or amp that went or is going bad. That sucks whatever it is dude.

Marvin97

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you have a speaker thats grounding itself somehow. Is it coming from all the speakers, or just certain ones? Could also be an amp issue if its all of them :dunno:

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
if its coming from all of them then you almost %100 have an internal issue. Just to be sure, you should remove your radio and check your wiring harness and make sure everything is tight and not knicked. if you know anyone with a spare radio, you could try swapping it to see if you do indeed have an internal issue with your radio/amp etc. best of luck man

Marvin97

Reaction score
95 svt cobra said:
if its coming from all of them then you almost %100 have an internal issue. Just to be sure, you should remove your radio and check your wiring harness and make sure everything is tight and not knicked. if you know anyone with a spare radio, you could try swapping it to see if you do indeed have an internal issue with your radio/amp etc. best of luck man

Thats probably the best route. Worst case scenario, replace the factory radio with an aftermarket head unit and run wires for the speakers. Then you can remove the factory amplifiers! Weight reduction! :dancing6:

OP
OP

94GTMike

Reaction score
well i want to eventually do the whole stereo. thats usually like one of the first thigns i do to my cars but i jsut dont have the time or money to do it right now.

reldapimp

Reaction score
Did the amps get WET somehow?

Sounds like a grounding issue to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online