Welp its new truck time fellas...

95KBGT

Legend
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
0
I wanted to get yalls opinion on these 3 trucks i have found, tell me what you think, what you like and dont like...

Keep in mind im looking for

1. a Truck
2. SWB
3. V8
4. Auto
5. Low miles
6. Can tow my sailboat, powerboat and mustang on a trailor.

i dont care of brand, id rather stay away from dodge. :eek:utofcloset:

The truck has to be no more than 15K (thats all i have saved up.) i have found these.

Truck1.jpg

This one sounds too good to be true..im trying to get a carfax on it ASAP
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...smission=Automatic&max_price=15000&cardist=18
Truck2.jpg

Im liking this one alot!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...Cylinder&doors=&style_flag=1&fuel=&cardist=19
Truck3.jpg

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...+Cylinder&fuel=&style_flag=1&doors=&cardist=1
truck4.jpg

I like this one too, matches KB
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...Cylinder&fuel=&style_flag=1&doors=&cardist=44



So what are yalls opinions.
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
2
find a lightning you noob. and if you sell your mustang i call dibs on parts. ::)
 

95KBGT

Legend
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
0
I cant find a lightning for that much money with low miles within a decent milage away from zipcode 75067 :dunno:
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
2
95KBGT said:
I cant find a lightning for that much money with low miles within a decent milage away from zipcode 75067 :dunno:

oh well, give me your taillights. O0
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
174
Location
South Jersey
Why no Dodge? The 04+ are really nice...i had a few as demo's when i was selling them and they were good solid trucks. I had an 05 F150 4door as a rental when i totalled my car and that was really nice too. I would definately buy one. The only thing i didn't like was it was a 4.6 and sucked up gas like crazy and i would want a 5.4 so i could imagine 10mpg on one of those.
 

95KBGT

Legend
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
0
DropTopPony said:
Why no Dodge? The 04+ are really nice...i had a few as demo's when i was selling them and they were good solid trucks. I had an 05 F150 4door as a rental when i totalled my car and that was really nice too. I would definately buy one. The only thing i didn't like was it was a 4.6 and sucked up gas like crazy and i would want a 5.4 so i could imagine 10mpg on one of those.
really? i think what is drawing me off of dodge is my dad had a 98 dodge ram 1500 with the v6 and that thing was the biggest POS EVER
 

95KBGT

Legend
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
0
19mustang95 said:
95KBGT said:
I cant find a lightning for that much money with low miles within a decent milage away from zipcode 75067 :dunno:

oh well, give me your taillights. O0
send me yours and i will tint them for $75 and throw in the 3rd brake light for free. O0
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
174
Location
South Jersey
95KBGT said:
DropTopPony said:
Why no Dodge? The 04+ are really nice...i had a few as demo's when i was selling them and they were good solid trucks. I had an 05 F150 4door as a rental when i totalled my car and that was really nice too. I would definately buy one. The only thing i didn't like was it was a 4.6 and sucked up gas like crazy and i would want a 5.4 so i could imagine 10mpg on one of those.
really? i think what is drawing me off of dodge is my dad had a 98 dodge ram 1500 with the v6 and that thing was the biggest POS EVER

oh god yes...the pre 03/04 Dodges are major POS's...i used to hang out with the techs on my breaks and they used to say how they had shit tranny's and bad ball joints constantly. The newer ones are much better...ever since they became Daimler Chrysler the products are much better. I would not buy any 90's Dodge products except maybe a Viper.
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
2
95KBGT said:
19mustang95 said:
95KBGT said:
I cant find a lightning for that much money with low miles within a decent milage away from zipcode 75067 :dunno:

oh well, give me your taillights. O0
send me yours and i will tint them for $75 and throw in the 3rd brake light for free. O0

ill see if i can find some horizontal tails...thats what i want.
 

wnracing

Active Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
828
Reaction score
0
Welp, my dad has a '94 Ram. Bought it new, it has hauled full steel race trailors, done yard work,
and everything inbetween. Best truck i've ever driven honestly... Still, with that Said.. I would go
with a Silverado.. <--Personal Fav. And from what I've heard, the Smaller Ford trucks aren't really
all that great.. Just my $.02
 
welp...

if I was you I'd look for something 4x4...

IDK where ya drop in yer boat but sometimes that comes in handy...
not to mention you can go further and have more fun >:D

Now I can't say I am a fan of the 330 triton... it has COPS and all that new computer crap and they're a bitch to work on...

Now I can say a 302 will not die... but I have yet to see a 200k mile 330 triton...

Now the 330 triton has gobs of TQ which is great with the towing, but doesn't get up and go to well... not to mention terrible gas milage and I bet you'd need to get it retuned like the DEW98/SN197 mustangs...

So if I was you... I'd buy a GM made truck... They're still using that good 350 block which I have never seen problems with... and they are great quality...

EDIT-
I drove the new GMC pickup... rides nice, plenty of power, comfy interior, better MPG then ford...
 
S

scarface

Guest
the first one! I have an 05 durango...that 4.7 gets 14 MPG on the highway :(
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
I love my F150, I get 16-18 on the highway, and it's got good power from the 351 3V.
Love the crew cab!

What else you wanna know?
 
Dalamar said:
I love my F150, I get 16-18 on the highway, and it's got good power from the 351 3V.
Love the crew cab!

What else you wanna know?

351 3v?

When the hell was that offered in a truck?

Aren't the new motors 330s? (5.4L)
 

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
23,204
Reaction score
2
Dalamar said:
I love my F150, I get 16-18 on the highway, and it's got good power from the 351 3V.
Love the crew cab!

What else you wanna know?

351 3v?

When the hell was that offered in a truck?

Aren't the new motors 330s? (5.4L)

+1 The trucks have a 5.4 = 331 both of our company trucks ( mine and my dads ) are 2006 F-150 Lariat's with the 5.4 V-8
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
is that a 331?

OK, 331, the 5.4....
DOH!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
74,879
Messages
1,452,521
Members
13,568
Latest member
gunnybuck

Members online

Top