Went to the track last night..

Tbuck07

Reaction score
And was not impressed..then again, I only got two runs in, and I was shifting kinda slow, spinning some through the 60 ft. Best time was a 9.2 on street tires in the 1/8th. I ran 9.3 last year before the PI swap..I only had time for two runs last night, but still..I dont know. Was hopin 8.90s on street tires.

LI98GT

Reaction score
Ditto on the slips. What were the 60's? Did you shift higher in the rev range with the PI stuffs? MPH?

OP
OP
T

Tbuck07

Reaction score
MPH in the 1/8th was 79 mph, 60 foot was 2.1 secs. I was shifting right around 6. I think I may have shifted out of first too early..not sure. My shifting from first to second to third isnt the quickest..

OP
OP
T

Tbuck07

Reaction score
short throw? yes. Im not the best at shifting..

OP
OP
T

Tbuck07

Reaction score
I dont need atune with these cams, it may help, but doesnt require one to preform correctly

Its a pro 5.0

Marvin97

Reaction score
Tbuck07 said:
I dont need atune with these cams, it may help, but doesnt require one to preform correctly

Its a pro 5.0
Are you kidding? A pi swap and stage 2 cams.. A tune may not be required for it to run, but there is a difference in running and performing correctly. I would definitely get it tuned. I bet you pick up 30+ rwhp and it'll feel like a whole different car. Its definitely worth it.

OP
OP
T

Tbuck07

Reaction score
yeah but I have to spend 300 bucks on a predator, then dyno time..which is looking another 600 dollars..I dont have that kinda money.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
97whitevert said:
Tbuck07 said:

Its a pro 5.0
Are you kidding? A pi swap and stage 2 cams.. A tune may not be required for it to run, but there is a difference in running and performing correctly. I would definitely get it tuned. I bet you pick up 30+ rwhp and it'll feel like a whole different car. Its definitely worth it.

+048032914832184093281423789795

Bro, most shops can just tune the factory ecu with a laptop nowadays.

Marvin97

Reaction score
Tbuck07 said:
yeah but I have to spend 300 bucks on a predator, then dyno time..which is looking another 600 dollars..I dont have that kinda money.
Seriously? $600 should include a handheld tuner. My local shop was saying $540 and that included a SCT Xcal 3. I went the cheap route though, bought an unlocked xcal 2 for $125 and it only cost me $200 for the dyno tune. The tuner was most of the cost in my shops case, sure your's isn't the same? Im not trying to be a dick, I just think that awful high for dyno time if it u still have to buy a tuner yourself.

OP
OP
T

Tbuck07

Reaction score
Regardless I dont have anymore money to throw at it..I was under the impression with this that I didnt need a tune and or tuner as well..I dont know. Just burnt out.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
any time you change the amount the of air being let in to teh cylinders and how long valves are opened your going to need a tune to adjust fuel and timing to pick up the correct power....

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
any time you change the amount the of air being let in to teh cylinders and how long valves are opened your going to need a tune to adjust fuel and timing to pick up the correct power....

+1 we understand you dont have that kind of money right ow, but do t when you can. :thumbsup:

and moved :)

MikeF

Reaction score
buy the quarterhorse tuner from moates.you use your laptop and whatever software you decide to use.I purchased software fore 130 bucks and the tuner is under 300$.check out moates site along with eec tuner.com.I have had fun with mine.try different setting at the track and see what works.fuel and spark curve is the 2 main tables you should use.you can datalog the play it back after a pass to see if you need.good luck and a dyno is not the only place to tune.the track works great.as long as your not boosted like i am you should be fine making small changes with any tuner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online