Went To The Track Yesterday

pilks

Reaction score
Well this is my first stick shift car. There are basically no engine mods (9mm spark plug wires)

This was my second time at this track racing, first time I had the 04 gt vert (auto) which is sold now

I got there early and of course forgot my iflip so I have no video but i do have shitty blackberry pics and 5 time slips to show

First run was horrible, i practically stalled at the tree, but when all said and done i had a great time

Here she is 1741
1998 Mustang GT Coupe

IMG00067.jpg

IMG00076.jpg

Time Slips

Time1.jpg

(if anyone cant read that.... 16.1 at 87 miles per hour)
(again, my first run, first stick shift car, horrible)

things got better....

Time2.jpg

Time3.jpg

Time4.jpg

Best Run was Run 4
14.9 at 91.29 miles per hour

Time5.jpg

I'd say i'm not pleased / yet not really disappointed.... its a stock npi 98 gt

I had it dynoed by Crazy horse racing
200 Horse
266 Torque

1998 Mustang GT
18x9 Chrome Saleen : 18x10 Chrome Saleen : Nitto 555 265/35/18 : Nitto 555 285/35/18 : Maximum Motorsports Strut Tower Brace : Maximum Motorsports Rear Lower Control Arms :
Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates : Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframes : H&R SuperSports : BBK Poly Isos : Bilstein Shocks Struts : 1998 Cobra Rear Sway Bar
Webelectric Sequentials : Slp Catted X Pipe : Slp Loudmouth II

MGW Short Shifter
FRPP 9mm Spark Plug Wires

OP
OP
pilks

pilks

Reaction score
Morris County

Near CCM (county college of morris)

you?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
looks good you made some improvements, here are some tips

On street tires don't do a burn out, just drive around the water box do a small burn out 1-2 seconds to get the "junk" off the tires.
When you stage just take a deep breath and roll in to the first beams, wait for the other guy and then you go in. ( this will give you time to calm down, think and get a routine) then roll in to the second (stage) and then go.
Remember to leave on the 3rd amber
when you shift try to shift at the same spots every time, say 5500 or 5400, what ever best suites your application (see dyno)

good job, you showed improvements thoughout the entire night :thumbsup"

got5.0

Reaction score
yup, really nice improvements on each run. Get a couple more runs and you'll prolly be running 14.7's... maybe lower.

IceMan

Reaction score
You just need more time behind the wheel. You are improving.

OP
OP
pilks

pilks

Reaction score
Yeah and I'm not 100% sure but i've been told i have a 2.73 rear gear. I have a feeling a gear swap and a drop in k&n will help me even more once I get more driving experience.

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:

On street tires don't do a burn out, just drive around the water box do a small burn out 1-2 seconds to get the "junk" off the tires.
When you stage just take a deep breath and roll in to the first beams, wait for the other guy and then you go in. ( this will give you time to calm down, think and get a routine) then roll in to the second (stage) and then go.
when you shift try to shift at the same spots every time, say 5500 or 5400, what ever best suites your application (see dyno)

Words of wisdom from Duffy! All good advice

pilks said:
Yeah and I'm not 100% sure but i've been told i have a 2.73 rear gear. I have a feeling a gear swap and a drop in k&n will help me even more once I get more driving experience.

Some 3.73's and a filter will definitely improve your time

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:

This, If you can keep making passes all night you will improve. Sadly, I only got to do 4 runs on my 2nd and last trip to the track last year. I couldn't shift or cut a 60" for crap, lower tire PSI from 40psi to 20psi, went from a 17.6 spinning a 2.9' 60 foot to a 15.1@92mph with a 2.3 60', if I had the time to get more runs I could have easily snapped the 14s :(.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Ive told this story more then once on here but it still serves a purpose.

My very first run w/ my current Mustang resulted in a 14.2 pass. That summer I went from 3.08 gears to 3.73, added some Weld Racing rear wheels and MT Drag Radials (also threw in 31 spline axles but it has nothing to do with ET) and with getting to know the car better and more time running it I ended that first summer with a 12.7...practice, practice practice!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online