what can all be removed from the engine hrns after getting rid of emmissions stuff?

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by ttocs, Aug 29, 2014.

1. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I am in the final phase of finishing the engine bay and putting the motor back in. The last job I have been avoiding was rerunning the engine bay hrns as I was pretty sure it would be a *****. I ran it back into the interior and have the hole in the trans tunnel made for it to go through and now just need to extend it a little to reach. I have removed all the emissions stuff and was wondering what harnesses are on the main engine harness that I will not need now and could save time extending it by removing those wires?

2. rz5.0

rz5.0 Legend

Are you doing the complete harness thru the trans. . I started one a while back but never finished.. I was only going to do the inject harness and trans harness from there. . It was a pain cause iv was having to split the harness up in sections. . Not really much that can be removed unless you are removing your ac, abs,

3. ttocs

ttocs Legend

yes the whole hrns will come out of the tranny hump at the back of the motor and I will need to add a couple of feet to it. I wasn't sure if anything could come off but wanted to ask.

4. rz5.0

rz5.0 Legend

I would like to see some pics when you are done.. I was going to leave some part of the harness on the driver side fender. . Like the stuff for the maf, tfi, ac and ccrm.. mainly the injectors harness I was going to run thru the tunnel. Just got busy with the 98 left the 95 just sitting. .

5. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I was probably going to do a write up on how to extend a hrns for others that are interested. This will probably be the only time that I can show you something automotive for a change I better enjoy it :)

6. 95opal

95opal Well-Known Member

I wish I could help but theres nothing left of my original harness and I don't have any ford electrical crap in my car anymore. JFYI I didn't extend anything in that harness although yours is probably a lot different from what I have. The only thing coming out into my bay is the injector wires.