What car would you rather have?

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Im with paul on this. When it comes to a car color option and a manual is a must. Neither one of those cars have that b/c the teal is :snorting:

jc95gt

Reaction score
id take the first one simply because its and 5 speed

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I dont know why theres so much hate on the auto...

a nice stall, gears, valvebody and an auto can be a lot of fun....

I know my auto is a hell of a lot of fun and honestly I wouldnt trade it for a 5 speed turd trans....maybe a 6 speed cobra trans that can handle power

Autos are great at the track and are great for a daily driver

Manual is fun I guess but can be annoying when you just want to chill

I like being able to press o/d off and put my foot to the floor....my car has pulls my face off with the stall and blower

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
a nice stall, gears, valvebody and an auto can be a lot of fun....

...whereas a stick is fun without any modifications, except maybe a $150 shifter.

You may like the auto, but you're clearly in the minority. Five speed cars are far more sought after than autos.

Paul.

97vertstang

Reaction score
fuck 5 speeds!!!! the only thing a manual is good for is a weekend car!!! drive in so cal to move 10 miles and take u 1 hr!!! and well see if the stick is more fun. my stang for weekend fun with the stick and my auto lightning for daily driving it. if i were to do another stang it would be a stalled c4, shift kit, ratchet shifter with 3.08 gears, hella fun and driveable for not that much money. my bros stang is like that and i love it.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
well as far as the trans goes to be totally honest its not a major death issue for me, it CAN be swaped out for a stick. And no I dont give a crap about the labor, as most of you know I use a speed shop for all my work anyway, its owned by a long time friend of mine and its LITERALLY a 5 minute walk from my house. So if I wanted the stick put in it Id pay for the parts and a very minimal amount for labor.

Id want the auto ( like you guys have said ) for the track and thats about it..........I have a auto ride now if im going somewhere and I know im going to be in traffic. Im still waiting for the dealer to get back to me, I will see what happens from here.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
The thing is, searching endlessly for a bargain, only to spend a grand (or probably more) to swap the transmission for the one you want just doesn't make sense.

If I were you, I'd just spend $8-11K for a perfect 94-95 or Cobra set up the way you want. You're going to end up dumping the money in it anyway, so you might as well start with the most solid foundation you can get. Since you have the resources to follow this path, it makes the most sense. IMHO.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
The thing is, searching endlessly for a bargain, only to spend a grand (or probably more) to swap the transmission for the one you want just doesn't make sense.

If I were you, I'd just spend $8-11K for a perfect 94-95 or Cobra set up the way you want. You're going to end up dumping the money in it anyway, so you might as well start with the most solid foundation you can get. Since you have the resources to follow this path, it makes the most sense. IMHO.
im looking now.........

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
WHite one has 60k less miles, and IMO a nice looking interior, I say white one for a few hundred bucks price diffference.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
so Ive found 3 manual cars so far, they are farther away from me but I sent emails to each one and Ill see whats up with them tomorrow.

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
but the first one's teal!!! name it sunshine

put in a termi motor neway blah blah blah

Goldmember

Reaction score
When it comes to Mustangs, I'd rather have 5-speed. But I can't justify $5K on a 150,000 mile car.

lrall

Reaction score
so is this a drag car? and the lightning is a....fast daily driver? Seems like you are going to have 2 of the same thing and get sick of it and sell it just like the cobra....:):)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online