What Clutch Would be Best for My 5.0?

97vertstang

Reaction score
Looking to see what clutch would be best at not very expensive

95whitevenom

Reaction score
What mods. is done to the car and how much power is it making?
Will it be for street use only or light track duty or full race?
There are many factors give us a lil info. on the car.

Peter

Reaction score
close to stock car = stock clutch

modified car you could use the centerforce dual friction, it has more hold then the king cobra and less pedal effort

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
oh yeah my frined went in my computer and asked.i keep telling him to sign up but hes very lazy.yeah its a mostly stock 94 cobra.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Peter said:
close to stock car = stock clutch

modified car you could use the centerforce dual friction, it has more hold then the king cobra and less pedal effort

No offense but everyone that I have ever known that has had a CF DF clutch and make a remotely decent amount of power has killed them. I know quite a few guys run Spec Stg 3 or McLeod clutches and love'em. I run a Clutchmasters Stage 3 clutch and RAM Billet Steel Flywheel in front of my G-Force T-5 with a UPR Firewall Adj, Quadrant, and cable. ZERO complaints on pedal effort or holding power. The price isn't bad for the Clutchmasters clutch and they came highly reccomended by astroperformance.com (a reputable g-force installer/vendor). My .02.

Cliff Notes: I would only run a Spec Stage 3, Clutchmasters Stage 3, or a McLeod in my car.

Reaction score
Vert stang is a lil mistaken on freinds im sure he showed you guys pics of my truck with a 5.0 in it well thats what the clutch is going in currently the motor is stock all it has is headders Performer Intake Flowmaster Mufflers half way with turndowns and a Mallory Ignition Edelbrock carb kinda small for it but will be fixed later Im planning on building the motor im thinking a 347 Stroker Some Afr Haeds another Cam. Im going to rebuild the t-5 this semester at school so might as well get a clutch in there if its going to be taken off

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spec are great clutches thats what im gonna go for when my stocker goes south.

For your application if you dont plan on adding lots more power I would just go with a stock replacement, or like I said King Cobra you can find those cheap sometimes if not im sure a stock replacement will be fine. If you plan on adding another 75+HP or going to hit the drag-strip deffently get a beefier clutch like a Spec or Centerforce.

95whitevenom

Reaction score
Well a Spec Stage 1 will work great for his application. It's what I'm running currently. I love mine and not to mention they aren't expensive. Well espically since they are located only a few hours away I was able to avoid shipping charges.

95whitevenom

Reaction score
If you want a really good deal call SPEC and ask for Matt he really hooked me up.
I called him that morning and had my brother in law pick up up a couple of hours later he had everything already together in a box and shrink wrapped.
They have quality parts. I'll be buying from them again prolly when I decide to get an alum. flywheel.

wytstang

Reaction score
I disagee with those saying use a stock clutch they are crap. I have a bolt on 5.0 and when I'm out playing around it begins to slip going into second. Get the KC or SPEC stage 1.

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
If you plan on running the car hard even if it's near stock, then just go ahead and get a good one unless it's totally out of the budget. I wouldn't get anything cheaper than a King Cobra but SPEC1 would be good for you and you'll enjoy it's grip. If you like an easy clutch pedal feel and not so firm then a Centerforce would be your choice. The others I mentioned are firm. I run a SPEC3 and it's funny b/c whenever I let someone drive my car they always stall coming out of 1st. :D

Dark Prophet

Reaction score
I run a spec and like it alot. It took a while to breakin, but feels great now!

RioRedGT

Reaction score
I am happy with my dual friction, it is hold up well with my 415rwhp 400rwtq.

sptnvnm

Reaction score
I have spec stage 2 in my 94 Cobra.I can get the tires to chirp in 4th gear.....I love it! :naughty: LOL these smileys crack me up!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010