What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Had to shorten up the front brake lines today, the ones on there before were just a touch too long and rubbing the driver's side wheel at full lock. All good now. Flush the whole system with Motul RBF 660. Ready to rock.

Nice work.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I am going to start putting my 5.8 engine together
I have every thing to start
The only thing I would need to worry about is the dust storms comming up
Nothing is dust free out hear with winds 55 pluss
And plenty of dust and dirt in the air

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am going to start putting my 5.8 engine together
I have every thing to start
The only thing I would need to worry about is the dust storms comming up
Nothing is dust free out hear with winds 55 pluss
And plenty of dust and dirt in the air

So you assembling it in the kitchen ? Just kidding

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Put some dye in the coolant system to try to locate my leak then took it out for a cruise to get it mixed in and t-stat opened. Came home and found my UV light isn't working...lol. Of course. Looked close but can't see anything wet anywhere but it does usually take about 4 or 5 days to see any leaks so will track down another UV light and keep looking.

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Put real street tires back on my 18" Saleen wheels to take the car full circle back to street mode.
I've been rolling on drag radials for years now.
This is because I plan to drive the car much more and don't need to worry about wet roads! HAHA.
Tires are Nitto G2 - 295-40-18 size.

IMG_0560.jpg

badass98svt

Reaction score
Put real street tires back on my 18" Saleen wheels to take the car full circle back to street mode.
I've been rolling on drag radials for years now.
This is because I plan to drive the car much more and don't need to worry about wet roads! HAHA.
Tires are Nitto G2 - 295-40-18 size.

View attachment 30641

Oh man. Good luck!
I barely feather the gas when turning and my car breaks loose without DRs on it. I mean, it's fun like that, but it's not fast.
Have you driven it around town or anything yet?

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Oh man. Good luck!
I barely feather the gas when turning and my car breaks loose without DRs on it. I mean, it's fun like that, but it's not fast.
Have you driven it around town or anything yet?
Yep went out yesterday and "scuffed" the new tires in. LOL! Normally my boost controller is set to 19# on street and would blaze the 275 radials at will. I turned it down to 14# yesterday for the "scuff session" and it was ridiculous. Haha.
But for me to drive it anywhere (without fear) I put the real street tires on it. Driving normally (1/4 throttle) it's like a stock mustang (almost).
I am planning a video soon where I let my 16 yo daughter drive it. Should be interesting.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Yep went out yesterday and "scuffed" the new tires in. LOL! Normally my boost controller is set to 19# on street and would blaze the 275 radials at will. I turned it down to 14# yesterday for the "scuff session" and it was ridiculous. Haha.
But for me to drive it anywhere (without fear) I put the real street tires on it. Driving normally (1/4 throttle) it's like a stock mustang (almost).
I am planning a video soon where I let my 16 yo daughter drive it. Should be interesting.

All I can say is, be careful when getting up on the highway. I goosed it just a bit to get on the highway and I went completely sideways towards a guardrail. My butthole definitely puckered up on that one. I forgot I took off the DRs. I'm around 12# of boost, but it definitely has a little boost creep.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The nitto 555r2’s aren’t bad in the rain. My car makes half the power of yours and I don’t like driving it on hard tires .

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I think I forgot to post this, but when I did the brakes on the s197, I also took out the BMR springs in favor of a set of Steeda springs I got from @white95. Also went back together with maximum Motorsports caster camber plates, to make sure the alignment was good. IMG_0943.jpegIMG_0951.jpeg

I did a rough alignment at home to get it straight enough to driver to the alignment shop. Car actually drove straight. IMG_0954.jpeg

And with bmr springs, you’ll see the front was very low 1000000324.jpeg

Steeda springs brought the front up and closer to levelIMG_0956.jpeg

weendoggy

Reaction score
I think I forgot to post this, but when I did the brakes on the s197, I also took out the BMR springs in favor of a set of Steeda springs I got from @white95. Also went back together with maximum Motorsports caster camber plates, to make sure the alignment was good. View attachment 30644View attachment 30645

I did a rough alignment at home to get it straight enough to driver to the alignment shop. Car actually drove straight. View attachment 30646

And with bmr springs, you’ll see the front was very low View attachment 30647

Steeda springs brought the front up and closer to levelView attachment 30648
Better looking (IMO) with the Steeda springs that still gives a good "rake" look. :cool:

weendoggy

Reaction score
I drove to bkfst Sat and will go a couple more times before I tear into it again. Not spoiling the job just yet. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sn951992

Members online