What other car would you choose?

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
but then you would have to face the "the clone haters". F-em, they look cool...
It's hard to hate on a clone when you never see any real ones. I don't think even most cars guys would be able to tell.

b1pig

Reaction score
In no order at all..

1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI (its American badge.... I know what it is :) )
late C4 or early C5
1972/73 Gremlin 304 w/ 3spd
1932 Ford Lowboy streetrod (or a Factory Five car)
Gen3 Hemi swapped 1970 Dodge Demon with 4 link rear

From there, my tastes go off the scale.

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love, love, love my Mustang… but I do also have an appreciation for other American muscle. And I have to admit, there’s some stout competition out there as the playing field has become quite level.

So, hypothetically, if you HAD TO choose another American muscle car (and money was no object) besides a Mustang, what would you choose? Challenger Hellcat Red Eye? Lingenfelter Camaro? Corvette? Or ???

American only! No Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini this or that, Porsche, Ferrari blah blah blah. Just American….

Your loyalty is NOT in question here; we’re just playing “what if”…

Happy 4th of July everyone and God Bless America and our Troops! +++
I am not a GM Brand follower, I do have 1 Gm car that I own. Unlike other GM products this brand and model are not easy to find parts. And if you do, that cost more than any other brand. They are a pain to work on. But if they run right. Not many modern cars can hang with it from the dig. To about 110 after that the motor runs out of rpm. Never thought I'd actually like it but after 5 years of getting it up to my likings. I can say that I am now a 1970 BUICK GS STAGE 1 fan.

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_140845989_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230715_140845989_HDR.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, this is a clone and I don't care. Built it 24yrs ago and still have it, havin' fun at the same time. Not sure if this classifies as American Muscle, but it does have a V8! ;)

View attachment 28820
That’s been my ultimate dream car since forever, really. Obviously could never afford a real AC Cobra, but a Factory Five clone (289 or 427) would be fine with me! ;-)

weendoggy

Reaction score
That’s been my ultimate dream car since forever, really. Obviously could never afford a real AC Cobra, but a Factory Five clone (289 or 427) would be fine with me! ;-)
Thanks. We've had loads of fun with the car. Trips across the US as well. I'd stay away from the BB or even Coyote in these. Way too much power to weight, short wheelbase and you can't control snap oversteer that fast. I run a 347 with 500HP that's plenty. Mine is a FF.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a neighbor friend that has one with a 427 that I am hoping to get a ride in one day. I rode in one with a 302 and it was a hoot but that 427 you can just hear thumping down the road with the side pipes and all. They even bit my neighbors leg getting out one day....

weendoggy

Reaction score
I have a neighbor friend that has one with a 427 that I am hoping to get a ride in one day. I rode in one with a 302 and it was a hoot but that 427 you can just hear thumping down the road with the side pipes and all. They even bit my neighbors leg getting out one day....
It's all about the torque! Yeah baby, that's the ticket! :cool: Gotta' watch out for the 'snake bite' getting out. Wife did that on day one, third degree burn.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's all about the torque! Yeah baby, that's the ticket! :cool: Gotta' watch out for the 'snake bite' getting out. Wife did that on day one, third degree burn.
When I walked up and saw the large piece of gauze he had covering the wound, I knew what it was as soon as I saw it. I am fairly sure he will NEVER do that again....

Snorky

Reaction score
Thanks. We've had loads of fun with the car. Trips across the US as well. I'd stay away from the BB or even Coyote in these. Way too much power to weight, short wheelbase and you can't control snap oversteer that fast. I run a 347 with 500HP that's plenty. Mine is a FF.
Pics@@@

b1pig

Reaction score
I worked with a guy a few years back that had a Factory 5 Cobra. It had a twin turbo LS in it. Beyond that, I don't recall details. I saw some videos of it doing dyno tuning. It was a monster. Saw it one time when the guy drove it to work. It was a sick piece of work. I actually bumped into him right before Thanksgiving. He had sold the Cobra and bought a Tesla Plaid. Told me he had no regrets. Loved them both for different reasons and was happy to be where he was.

Call me Chief

Reaction score
New, limited budget: 2024 Toyota GR Supra or Porsche 718 Cayman S
New, no budget limits: 2024 Porsche GT3 RS

Older American classic: '71 Mustang Mach 1 or Chevy Nomad with an 8-71 sticking up out of the hood and side pipes

Now comes all the hateful replies for my non American choices.

b1pig

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a Boxster in my driveway... My appreciation for the brand goes back to my childhood.
Next to the Countach on my wall, was a 930 Slant nose.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

Older American classic: '71 Mustang Mach 1 or Chevy Nomad with an 8-71 sticking up out of the hood and side pipes

Won’t get much hate here. Many of us have a foreign car of some sort.

IMG_8435.jpeg

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I'm with you on the Cayman, but I would go with the 2017-2019 GTS instead of S. Definitely on my short list of cars I want to own. If it's a track/autox car Cayman, if it's a fun car Boxster.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Never owned a foreign car. Only owned one car that wasn't a Ford/Mercury.
My very first winter beater (had a few back in the day) was a 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix. Paid $125 for that shitbox. Got me through a full winter though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online