What other car would you choose?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love, love, love my Mustang… but I do also have an appreciation for other American muscle. And I have to admit, there’s some stout competition out there as the playing field has become quite level.

So, hypothetically, if you HAD TO choose another American muscle car (and money was no object) besides a Mustang, what would you choose? Challenger Hellcat Red Eye? Lingenfelter Camaro? Corvette? Or ???

American only! No Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini this or that, Porsche, Ferrari blah blah blah. Just American….

Your loyalty is NOT in question here; we’re just playing “what if”…

Happy 4th of July everyone and God Bless America and our Troops! +++

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have to say the new vette seems like it could make for a hell of a car and I like the style as well. They still have openings for the track day I am doing and I think I will call it karma if they have a vette opening around the time I am there for the ferrari and try it out as well.

GTamas

Reaction score
My former '79 TransAm 403, I regret that I sold it

Attachments

• DSCF3863.JPG
    DSCF3863.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 3

wmfateam

Reaction score
If I were building a fun street car, I'd go Challenger/Charger widebody. We have a 2011 SRT at my work and it is the best "street" car. Super predictable chassis, easy to control and drift. Best interior space.
Track car, I'd go with an SS 1LE. Those things are the best factory track car stock I've ever driven.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
79 Trans Am
71 Dodge Challenger
Corvette C4
97 Camaro
73 Javelin

Never really thought about it.... ;)

Dang your cars over there are so much better than over here!

TMW

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
79 Trans Am
71 Dodge Challenger
Corvette C4
97 Camaro
73 Javelin

TMW
my dad had an old javelin when I was a kid, maybe 5 yrs old. All I remember about it is that the door was so big/heavy that I had the hardest time shutting it from inside.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing, it wouldn't be a car at all!

View attachment 26817
Doesn’t have to be (I should have said vehicle instead of car). Just gotta be American. I like your choice, but then I’m a bit biased when it comes to driving a truck ;-)

70951984628__18687BBF-BF0D-4AD8-94A3-42414DC110BD.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
79 Trans Am
71 Dodge Challenger
Corvette C4
97 Camaro
73 Javelin

TMW
And the Javelin!! Keeping’ the Javelin alive++Can tell you never put much thought into it…LOL

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say the new vette seems like it could make for a hell of a car and I like the style as well. They still have openings for the track day I am doing and I think I will call it karma if they have a vette opening around the time I am there for the ferrari and try it out as well.
Yeah, the last 2 Corvettes look like SuperCars. Noice!!
Friend of mine has a C7 that he tracks. F’g thing scares the crap outta me :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If I were building a fun street car, I'd go Challenger/Charger widebody. We have a 2011 SRT at my work and it is the best "street" car. Super predictable chassis, easy to control and drift. Best interior space.
Track car, I'd go with an SS 1LE. Those things are the best factory track car stock I've ever driven.
Another excellent choice! Either one with the wide body kit are just bad-ass nasty lookin’and ooze muscularity ++

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s not forget the AMX, Chevelle’s and GTO’s!
My brother had a AMX with a 390, posi and 4-speed Hurst. Man that thing got up and went! Ooof!

joemomma

Reaction score
Always had a soft spot for the WS6 TA. There might not be a better-looking front end than the WS6. They ran like mad too.
The newer Corvette (C7+) is pretty freaking awesome as well, although I'd settle for a late production C6. They are almost affordable now.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Always had a soft spot for the WS6 TA. There might not be a better-looking front end than the WS6. They ran like mad too.
yea I agree that there was something special about that front end. I think part of it was just because the nose didn't seem to stick out as far or it at least broke that area up.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The newer Corvette (C7+) is pretty freaking awesome as well, although I'd settle for a late production C6. They are almost affordable now.
I had a Z28 back in the WS6 days. Mine was fast with that LS motor but I knew better than to go head-to-head with that WS6! Didn’t see too many around but when I did I gave it a wide berth++

BTW, what did WS6 stand for?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Wide Suspension, 6 pieces.

Pretty sure the Z28 and WS6 were pretty much identical, engine wise.

Last edited:

joemomma

Reaction score
Once they went from the LT1 to the LS1, it was a game-changer. Although, seems like I remember the early LS1 having oil consumption issues. Anyway, I knew not to mess with them in my '99GT.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online