What does everyone run?

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by xx9gt6xx, Jul 8, 2006.

1. xx9gt6xx

xx9gt6xx New Member

Hey guys, I'm new to the board and pretty excited to have found an SN-95 only site. It's tight as hell, but anyway, what kind of ET's are you guys getting with your 96-98 GT's? Let us know if your PI swapped or have a power adder because that makes a huge difference if timing compared to us NPI guys.

For myself, with all your basic bolt-on's and exhaust the best I could do is 14.5 @ 95 on junky street tires. I still have yet to go back with the 4:10 installed. But coming up I've got some long tubes in the mail, as well as a set of PI cams. After both are installed it'll be going into Alternative Auto for a dyno tune. If I don't break into the 13's with that stuff IDK what I'll do...

2. Robuilt

Robuilt Member

i hit a 14.55 @ 93mph with:

Mac Cold air kit,
    FMS A/C Delete Kit
    BBK Offroad X Pipe
    Two Chamber Flows.

ive done a fresh tune up, lost some "car weight", 4.30 gears and will be making a few passes on the 14th. See how the car does then.

3. xx9gt6xx

xx9gt6xx New Member

How the hell do people get such good times with their NPI's with barley anything done? Driving has a lot to do with it and in my situation the driving is pretty good so I'm not to worried about that. Any other tips?

4. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member SN95 Supporter

I haven't had my car to the track since it was basically stock with just 3.73's and it ran 15.1 at like 93mph...i was sooo mad at that time i never took it back. After my PI swap i wanted to take it but i didn't have tune and was worried about running lean. When the blower build up is complete i will go again. If i can get into the 12's at full weight with a corner carving suspension i will be happy.

5. 281powered

281powered Member

i just ran a [email protected] with a horiable 2.360ft last night at the track with mods in my sig and 18' wheels plus it was super hot out. it's got a high 13 in her at 100mph or so if i can get down to a 2.0 60ft and find the right shift points, but i think i'm going to have to pick up some drag radials for that.

6. Robuilt

Robuilt Member

yeah, wiht just hitting a 2.0 60ft time you will break the 13 sec barrier for sure.

1/10th decrease in 60ft = 2/10th decrease in ET

7. 96sohc

96sohc Active Member

14.75 @94mph with a 2.2 60' with....
    PI Intake
    Steeda Underdrives
    Densecharger
    Magnaflow Catback
    Trick Flow Plenum
    XCal2
    Heavy ass 18's with jack/spare removed...
    oh yeah, with an auto.

Getting 3.73's installed within the month, and hopefully in the next few months
    a 5 speed.

8. xx9gt6xx

xx9gt6xx New Member

Yeah, the auto doesn't help, lol. But the 3:73's will wake that car up and you'll see a big difference.

And 281powered, your in the 13's man. Just get it to hook and your there!

9. Robuilt

Robuilt Member

im determined to get my AUTO stang in the twelves. Just started, but got good plans and a hell of a crew chief EXXON PETE!

10. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member SN95 Supporter

Hey get a high stall converter and do the J-mod plus firm up the shift points with a tune and your auto's will spank 5 speeds in a 1/4 mile.
    Just a new tq conv can drop 1/2 sec off your time.

11. Robuilt

Robuilt Member

yeah, J-Mod will be done before Fridays race. Gears installed Thursday. Gonna need to do some serious city driving to heat cycle those gears and break em in.

12. nesqwick_05

nesqwick_05 Active Member

my first time out at the track i ran a 15.04 @91 missing 3rd gear :'( im sure i c0uld get a 14 second pass out of it b4 any mods ;D

13. Slow98GT

Slow98GT Active Member

Race track... umm... never been to one. Well not that didn't include nascar at the Texas Motor Speedway. No clue what my car runs but it's stock as far as I know. Have bald tires tranny is screwed (messed up fourth and reverse) so I'm sure that I would run what high 10's ;) more like 15-16's. Stupid car being messed up.

14. gtboy98

gtboy98 New Member

last weekend i ran a 14.6 at 93 my mods are mac o/r h pipe, flowmaster 40, hurst sst shifter, superchip